Winter is not my favorite season. I love Christmas, but after New Year's I could just skip straight to June, to be honest. And winter weather can be so tough on skin, with the dry air inside and bitter windy weather outside. So any free time on a mid-winter Sunday afternoon is a great opportunity to get some skin care in. That's where this DIY rose water toner spray works perfectly!
On Sundays, I like to try to do DIY facial treatments whenever I can. Mostly I like to deep clean my skin, exfoliate well, and pack on layers of hydration and anti-aging ingredients with a skin toner. The benefits of doing this at home are that I can work around my own schedule and achieve a lot of skin benefits on a budget! Plus I can catch up on Netflix while I wait for a mask to sink in...
So today, I'm sharing one of my favorite wintertime skin steps -- the best hydrating DIY facial toner I've tried that is so easy to put together. Plus, because you're making this face spray yourself, you can be sure no harsh or artificial ingredients are in it. Best of all, it's a seriously affordable alternative to high-end skin care that really works wonders.
This DIY rose water toner spray is full of ingredients that have lots of benefits for your skin, and you'll be able to feel the benefits right away. They should all be available at a local health food store or discount store -- I got my ingredients on Amazon. And the best part is you can customize them based on your specific skin needs and preferences. Some of the elements of this toner are:
- Rosewater. Balances skin pH, has anti-inflammatory properties, cleans pores, reduces redness, hydrates skin, aromatherapeutic.
- Aloe Vera Gel. Hydrates, soothes irritation.
- Lavender Essential Oil. Antioxidant, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties, relieves redness, aromatherapeutic.
- Chamomile Essential Oil. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, reduces redness, irritation.
- Tea Tree Oil. Potent antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, fights acne blemishes, balances natural oils.
- (Optional) Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Extract. Eases irritation and inflammation, treats acne breakouts. Omit if you have sensitive or dry skin.
Together, these ingredients can soothe, tone, and hydrate your skin to prep it and give you a natural glow. Also, you can definitely adjust the amounts depending on your preference or skin type. Or if you have a skin ingredient you love, like rosehip oil, vitamin C, or another essential oil, feel free to add it in! Either way, the idea behind this is to customize your skin care and create your own affordable skin solutions!
If you're looking for more skin care ideas, check out my other skin care DIYs and stay tuned for more!
- 3 tablespoon organic rosewater
- 2 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 5-7 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops chamomile essential oil
- 3-5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 10-15 drops alcohol-free witch hazel extract optional
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and transfer to a 2 oz. glass spray bottle.
- To use, shake bottle well and spray onto a cotton pad. Apply to face after cleansing and before moisturizer.
Pin this skin care recipe for later:
Last Updated on October 21, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
I thank you for this great toner the only oil I had was lavender and rosemary I hope it work because it feels awsome
That's totally fine! I'm so glad you like it! It's my go-to toner for sure 🙂
what is the shelf life of the toner ?? for how many days can I store it ??
Hi! Because there's no additional water added to the toner, it should be good for a few months, and longer if you store it in the fridge (which I do because I like the cool feeling!)
This stuff is legit amazing! My skin felt super clean but also moisturized and prepped!!! I can’t wait to make some more...
Thank you!! I love that about this toner too. It's the perfect hydrating skin prep.
Tried it and loved it! It smells great and helps my sensitive skin feel clean and nourished.
I'm so glad you liked it! 🙂