This is the Boursin pasta Tiktok told me about! Boursin cheese and tomato pasta is so easy, with a creamy Boursin pasta sauce made right in the pan! And if you like this Boursin pasta bake, you'll love my Lemon Shrimp Pasta with Kale, Chicken Macaroni Salad, and my Pear Puff Pastry Tart with Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Boursin Cheese and Tomato Pasta
I just saw this variation on the viral garlic tomato pasta trend from last year and I knew I had to try it! It's just like the feta version -- cherry tomatoes, garlic, cheese, and lots of fresh basil. But this time, instead of baked feta pasta, we're making a baked Boursin pasta recipe! It's as easy as it looks -- just load your fresh tomatoes, garlic, and onions in a baking pan and bake it all until it's soft, caramelized, and full of flavor, then stir in your favorite pasta!
What kind of cheese is Boursin made from?
Boursin cheese is a type of authentic Gournay cheese that comes in a signature foil wrapper, created in 1957 by François Boursin. His fine herbs cheese spreads were based on the French dish fromage frais, wherein party guests would combine fresh cheeses with blends of herbs. You'll find that this sophisticated bite-sized delight tastes so amazing on its own, and even better in this Boursin cheese baked pasta!
What is Boursin cheese made of?
The Garlic and Fine Herbs variety of Boursin cheese spread is a cow's milk cheese made with milk, cream, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley and chives. It has a texture similar to cream cheese -- soft at room temperature, and its delicious blend of delicate garlic, along with mild chives and fragrant parsley makes it the perfect appetizer to spread on your favorite cracker or as part of a cheese board!
Boursin Pasta Bake Ingredients
- cherry tomatoes - I picked up a great haul for the farmer's market and I knew I had to try this recipe! The sweetness of fresh tomatoes is the perfect complement to the Boursin cheese. You can use cherry or grape tomatoes, or even cut larger tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- red onion - The roasted red onion in this recipe adds a great flavor and crunch, and a sweetness that balances out the tomatoes so well. You can also add in some other fresh veggies that you enjoy like mushrooms or zucchini.
- garlic - I love how delicious the garlic gets as it roasts in the olive oil! So good!
- Boursin cheese - any variety of Boursin would be the perfect cheese for this recipe, including their dairy-free variety! The creamy texture melts into a sauce that tastes amazing in this pasta dish!
- red pepper flakes - I love to add a spicy touch to my savory recipes, so we'll use a little crushed red pepper. If you prefer not to use it, you can just leave it out!
- extra-virgin olive oil - we're using extra-virgin olive oil to roast our tomatoes and also to help bring the sauce together!
- fresh basil - once it's out of the oven, we'll toss some basil in and it adds so much flavor. I love fresh herbs to finish off pasta recipes!
- salt & pepper - we'll season our baked Boursin pasta sauce with a little salt and cracked pepper.
- cooked pasta - I typically cook with gluten-free chickpea pasta, so that's what I used, but you can use your favorite pasta!
- parmesan cheese - it's optional, but I like to add a bit of grated parmesan to finish off this Boursin cheese pasta!
What can I substitute for Boursin cheese?
If you're looking for a dairy-free alternative to Boursin to make this recipe dairy free, you're in luck! Boursin now has a dairy-free variety that's available in stores and on Amazon. Otherwise, if you can't get your hands on Boursin, you can opt for a flavored goat cheese.
Does Boursin cheese melt well?
Yes it does! It's got a slightly crumbly consistency, so it doesn't melt down completely, but it gets very soft and creamy, perfect spreading on this Boursin cheese pasta!
Where is Boursin cheese in the grocery store?
Boursin is often located near other specialty cheese area, near the deli or bakery section. But it may also be in the dairy case with other packaged soft cheese. You can also find it online at Amazon!
What’s the Best Boursin Cheese for this Recipe?
I've tried this recipe with the Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs and Cracked Black Pepper varieties of Boursin, and I prefer it the savory herbs version. But honestly, and kind of Boursin you can get your hands on would work well -- the creamy texture and delicious flavors are perfect in the Boursin Baked Pasta! I especially want to try it with the Shallot & Chive variety!
I hope you enjoy this baked Boursin pasta TikTok made me try -- and also try my Baked Goat Cheese Pasta recipe! Let me know in the comments below how you liked it!
More Savory Recipes You'll Love
- Heirloom Tomato Galette with Herbs
- Sweet Potato Patties with Chickpeas and Creamy Avocado Sauce
- Shrimp Macaroni Salad With Cajun Spices
- Havarti Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Caramelized Onion
- Southern Baked Mac and Cheese
Equipment you may need
- baking dish
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion - roughly chopped
- 5-7 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 package Boursin cheese - any variety - I used cracked pepper
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 8 ounces dry pasta
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil - torn (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread tomatoes, onion, and garlic cloves evenly in a medium baking dish.1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 medium red onion, 5-7 cloves garlic
- Unwrap Boursin cheese and place in center of dish, surrounded by other ingredients.1 package Boursin cheese
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, and add salt and pepper to taste.4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.8 ounces dry pasta
- Immediately after removing from oven, toss in basil and use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir the roasted mixture, evenly distributing cheese and olive oil over the rest of the ingredients. Add in reserved pasta water as needed to create a creamier consistency.3-4 leaves fresh basil
- Stir in cooked pasta and serve immediately.
PIN this recipe for later!
Last Updated on July 31, 2022 by Chenée Lewis
Fantastic recipe! Delicious and so easy. I used cheese tortellini for my pasta but it would be excellent with any pasta variety. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Tortellini sounds like a yummy addition! Glad you liked it!
Great recipe! I left out the red pepper flakes, and used one large chopped tomato instead of cherry tomatoes, but it all worked and tasted amazing! I will make this again.
So glad it worked out for you! 🙂
Fantastic!!! 10 star rating! Added spicy ground chicken Italian sausage that I sauted with Swiss chard at the very end with pasta. Amazing recipe and so easy. I’d serve this at a dinner party. Delicious! Must try recipe. Served with lambrusco sparkling red wine.
Those additions sound amazing! Glad you enjoyed it!
Oh my goodness, this is insanely delicious. I doubled it (2 packages of cheese and a full box of pasta) and it worked perfectly. It’s very rich in a good way so I served it with a light salad. I’m definitely making this again with all the tomatoes I’m getting from my garden. Thank you fir the recipe.
You're very welcome! I'm glad you liked it! 🙂
Great recipe! The kids loved it. So easy yet seems fancy. Paired it with a simple baby kale salad. Thanks for posting this!
Sounds like a delicious dinner! Glad you all enjoyed it!
Rating the vegan option: would do 3.5 stars if possible. Veganized recipes do not always work as a simple substitute, even if a similar product exists. One of the things that allows the dairy cheese to caramelize and turn creamy are the milk solids. The vegan Boursin is softer and made from potato starch and coconut oil, so it just melts into a clear puddle and skips the creamy sauce step. It’s still tasty, but it will be much oilier than a dairy-cheese dish. A better option is to add a large spoonful of the vegan Boursin to the tomatoes so the flavour infuses with the tomatoes, but then wait for the cooked tomatoes and pasta to have cooled slightly before adding in the “cheeze” to maintain the creaminess.
Thank you so much for your feedback! That does sound like a better workaround. 🙂
I've tried this recipe before but not sure which site I took it from after seeing it on tiktok several months before. I just want to comment on how nice is is that you add the measurements into the instructions so I don't have to keep scrolling up to see how much I need.. It's super helpful and I really appreciate it! It's the little things...
Making this tonight
Thanks so much Leanne! I hope you enjoyed it!
That was the very first thing I noticed when I read the recipe!! I love that! Trying the recipe right now!
Hope you liked it!
Delicious pasta recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but now I definitely will make it. It looks so creamy. I love how your recipe turned out.
Thank you! It's definitely delicious!
What a delightful pasta! Can't believe how easy yet delicious the recipe is!
It's the best of both worlds!
This recipe reminded me that I haven't had pasta in ages. So excited to give it a try!
Yes! Pasta night is always a good idea!
I have never tried Boursin cheese before and the recipe looks easy too, I've been seen this on trend too. I should try this right now!
Hope you like it! 🙂
I have been seeing this viral tiktok pasta trend everywhere, so I seriously am overdue in trying it out!! Bookmarked to make this weekend. Thanks so much for sharing 🙂
You definitely should try it out!
This looks amazing! Has anyone added shrimp? Could it cook in the oven with the veggies and cheese?
Hi! I've never tried this recipe with shrimp, but I would cook it separately and then toss it in at the end because shrimp cooks a lot faster than the oven time for the veggies and cheese. Hope you enjoy!