Last Updated on August 29, 2021 by Chenée Lewis
As the weather gets warmer and excitement builds for the possibilities of summer, I can think of no better time to announce the release of my very first cookbook, Sweet Summertime! I am so thrilled to finally be able to share this with you! I’ve been hard at work on this cookbook for the past few months, and I can’t wait for you to see it. The photo above is of Balsamic Strawberry Shortcake, one of my favorites from Sweet Summertime, and it’s just a glimpse into all the recipes, tips, and resources you’ll find in this book to fill your summertime with sweetness!
Another exciting part of this book launch is that this cookbook is available in BOTH e-book AND paperback formats! You can click below to buy the e-book either here on the blog, or go over to Amazon to grab a hard copy, with Prime shipping!
Here’s what’s inside this summer treats cookbook:
- 22 recipes for sweet summery breakfast treats, easy snacks, indulgent desserts, and refreshing cocktails, including many that are gluten-free, vegan, and contain no refined sugars;
- Multiple mouthwatering, full-color, high-resolution photos for each recipe;
- A Getting Started Guide to help you set up your kitchen with the ingredients and tools you’ll need for amazing baking results, and tips on how to store your summer produce to keep it fresher longer!
- A comprehensive Glossary of Common Baking Terms to give you the knowledge you need;
- A Metric and US liquid and dry measurement conversion chart;
- An Index to find the exact ingredient or recipe you need for that perfect summer celebration!
Favorite Summer Recipes from Sweet Summertime
Don’t make me choose! It’s so hard to pick a favorite recipe from all the goodies in this book! It’s so full of amazing ideas for every occasion, every taste, and But here are a few of my highlights:
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Hand Pies: the combination of strawberry and rhubarb is a classic for a reason! The sweetness of ripe, in-season strawberries is just begging for the tangy bite of rhubarb. Together, they create a perfectly balanced filling for flaky handheld pies that your crew will love!
- Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes: These are not your everyday pancakes. They’re truly brunch-worthy, and everything I love about great pancakes: light, fluffy, moist, and tangy, and absolutely perfect with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. The lemon zest and ricotta in the batter give them the most amazing flavor, and an easy technique helps to make sure they come out perfectly fluffy!
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie: I’ve wanted to create a recipe like this ever since I had a similar pie at a friend’s birthday party — it’s so rich and decadent, but SO light and fluffy at the same time! If you’re a peanut butter lover like me, you will LOVE it. And the best part — no oven or stove needed!
So those are just a few, and there are so many more recipes that I ADORE in this book. It’s really a celebration of my favorite season, and as you flip through each page it gives you so much of that undeniable summertime feeling!
I know you’re going to love this book for all your sweet treats this season, and I can’t wait to see your creations! Start by adding Sweet Summertime to your cart below!
If you do get the paperback version on Amazon, please don’t forget to write an Amazon review to help spread the word! THANK YOU!
Before I go, I just want to thank you (yes, YOU personally) for your support of this project. Sweet Summertime is the fulfillment of a lot of goals I’ve had for a long time, and it’s thanks to the readers of this blog that it’s even possible. Whether you decide to buy a copy or not (and I hope you do!), I truly appreciate the support, feedback, and motivation I’ve gotten from this community — it has made all the difference!