I was recently on a virtual hangout with some of my friends from college, and my friend Sade shared this recipe for her Pancake Mix Corn Muffins. Like many these days, Sade's definitely got her hands full with working from home (she's a middle school principal), recently finishing her doctorate degree, and home schooling her three boys these last few months. I'm exhausted just typing all that.
But one saving grace for Sade has been these pancake mix muffins! The boys love them, and according to her, they request them for every meal, not just breakfast! And, luckily for all of us who are short on time, they're super easy to make! They come together with just a few ingredients including boxed pancake mix and boxed corn muffin mix! I thought such an easy, kid-friendly recipe was worth sharing!
But that's not all -- Sade makes these pancake muffins with an amazing whipped cinnamon honey butter that her boys love!! You HAVE to try it.
What makes these Pancake Muffins special?
Besides the fact that they're incredibly easy and quick to throw together, these pancake mix muffins are unique in that they are also made with corn muffin mix! The corn muffin mix gives the batter a nice texture and adds to the flavors in the yummy little muffins!
But I'm a sucker for condiments -- dipping sauces, jellies, drizzles -- and while you could definitely serve these pancake muffins with grape jam or maple syrup what really sets these apart is the cinnamon honey butter. It takes these pancake muffins from a fun snack to a decadent treat. And it's so easy to make!
- boxed pancake mix - I used this one, but use any kind you like, as long as it's the kind of mix that requires you to add eggs and milk. NOT the "Complete" or "just add water" mix.
- boxed corn muffin mix - adds a nice texture and flavor to , muffins! I used this one.
- optional ground cinnamon - you can leave this out and save the cinnamony goodness for the honey butter if you like, but I say the more cinnamon the better!
- eggs - gives the muffins their structure and adds richness.
- buttermilk - helps keep the muffins moist and adds flavor. You can use any kind of milk you prefer in place of buttermilk.
- vanilla extract - adds a nice vanilla flavor to these muffins.
- vegetable oil - this gives the muffins a softer texture. Use any kind of vegetable oil you like.
Now for the best part of these pancake mix muffins: The whipped cinnamon honey butter! For that, you'll just need three (pretty obvious) ingredients: cinnamon, honey, and salted butter! It's as simple as that.
- Whisk together the pancake mix, corn muffin mix, and cinnamon. Easy peasy.
- Stir in your eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
- Pour into 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners and sprayed with baking spray.
If you like these pancake mix muffins, another great kid-friendly recipe is this 3-ingredient strawberry banana sorbet -- it's so easy to put together (no ice cream maker needed!) and it has no refined sugar! Perfect for a sweet treat for the little ones!
If you like these muffins made from pancake mix, you might also like my buttermilk blueberry muffins recipe -- they're full of juicy, ripe blueberries and lemon zest, and topped with crunchy turbinado sugar.
I hope you and your family enjoy these yummy, kid-friendly pancake muffins and the whipped cinnamon honey butter! If you try them out, make sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Equipment you may need
- muffin pan
- baking spray
- 1 ¾ cup pancake mix - the kind that calls for eggs and milk, not the "complete" or "just add water" kind; (255g)
- ¾ cup corn muffin mix - (110g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs - beaten
- ¼ cup granulated sugar - or sweetener of your choice (optional)
- 1¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- powdered sugar - for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a standard-sized muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners and spray with baking spray.
- Whisk together pancake mix, corn muffin mix, and optional cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla until smooth
- Spoon evenly into prepared cupcake liners and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then serve warm. Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Whipped Cinnamon Honey Butter
- In a bowl using a hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the softened butter until fluffy.
- Add cinnamon and honey and beat another 3-5 minutes until the honey butter is light and fluffy. Serve with warm muffins.
PIN this recipe for later!
Last Updated on February 1, 2022 by Chenée Lewis