*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on March 17, 2021 by Chenée Lewis
Apparently, not all desserts have to be full of brown butter or drenched in white chocolate! Who knew? This strawberry banana sorbet recipe is here for you when you’re in the mood for something sweet, but nothing heavy. In fact, I’d go so far as to say this sorbet is downright healthy.
Yeah, I said it! It has no dairy, no refined sugars, and its strawberries and bananas are full of nutrients:
- Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C. Plus, their antioxidants have heart health and blood sugar benefits, and may decrease cancer risk.
- Bananas are full of vitamin B6 and potassium, and can help maintain a healthy heart and control high blood pressure. They can also boost your energy and aid digestion!
So, really, it’s kind of irresponsible not to make this sorbet.
But seriously, folks, the best reason to try this sorbet is how easy it is. I know I say that about a lot of my recipes, but it’s not everyday you find a recipe with only three ingredients and just a few steps. This sorbet comes together in a flash with only:
- Strawberry-banana frozen fruit blend
- Lemon juice
- Agave nectar (or you can substitute honey, which is a non-vegan option)
And that’s it! In fact, here’s a secret: if you don’t have frozen strawberry-banana fruit blend, any frozen fruit or combination of frozen fruit would work well too! I’ve tried this sorbet with a tropical fruit blend (strawberries, pineapple, mango, and banana) and with just mangoes! It’s such a versatile recipe.
Right now, you probably have some, if not all, of these ingredients on hand already! You may be a few steps away from refreshing, healthy fruit sorbet and you didn’t even know it!
How to make this strawberry banana sorbet
First off, you don’t need an ice cream maker!
What you will need is a blender. The kind that can crush ice pretty well, since you’ll be putting frozen fruit in it. Most current blenders on the market should work fine — I use a NutriBullet.
Once you have your blender ready, all you’ll have to do is combine all three ingredients and blend! That’s it! Once everything is smooth, you’ll put it in a container and back in the freezer to firm up. And you’re done! Is this the easiest recipe ever?
Give this strawberry banana sorbet a try and you’ll see how easy it is to have a quick summertime dessert that’s actually healthy!
Strawberry Banana Sorbet RecipePrint Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1 lb strawberry-banana frozen fruit blend - weighed frozen
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup agave nectar - or natural sugar of your choice, plus more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in blender and purée until smooth, pulsing to break up frozen fruit.
- Taste and add more agave if you like, then blend again to combine.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours or until solid.
- Allow to sit out on counter about 10 minutes prior to serving.
Pin this recipe for later!
In the mood for a dessert that’s almost as easy as this one, but a lot more decadent? Check out my 5-ingredient funfetti cookie cheesecake bars!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, click the banner above to order my brand-new summer cookbook, Sweet Summertime! It’s got 22 exclusive summer-friendly recipes and it’s full of baking tips and guides for perfect results!
And sign up below for all my blog recipes and updates right in your inbox, and to get your FREE PRINTABLE Kitchen and Baking Cheat Sheet!