This baked goat cheese pasta with spinach and mushrooms is incredible! This is the baked goat cheese tomato pasta Tiktok inspired me to make, a recipe for pasta with goat cheese and spinach that is so easy and delicious! And if you enjoy this goat cheese pasta recipe, you'll love my Boursin Pasta, my Ricotta Lemon Pasta, and my Lemon Shrimp Pasta with Kale!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Baked Goat Cheese Tomato Pasta
If you've tried the viral Tiktok baked feta pasta (or even better, my version with creamy Boursin cheese!) then you know this is gonna be good! This baked goat cheese pasta Tiktok viral recipe is so deliciously creamy and easy to make! And this one is even better because we're adding spinach and mushrooms for even more flavor. And that creamy goat cheese makes all the difference!
Does goat cheese melt in the oven?
The question is: can you heat goat cheese? Yes! Goat cheese heats well and gets softer and creamier in the oven, but it doesn't fully melt. So it's perfect for this goat cheese tomato pasta sauce because it stays extra creamy and caramelizes a bit in the oven while it bakes.
Is the TikTok feta Pasta actually good?
I really do like the feta version of the Tiktok pasta, but this baked goat cheese pasta recipe is even better! The goat cheese is a milder flavor and complements the veggies, tomatoes, and garlic perfectly!
Baked Goat Cheese Pasta Ingredients
- tomatoes - you can use cherry or grape tomatoes in this recipe, or even a larger variety of tomatoes cut into smaller pieces!
- red onion - I love the flavor that sliced red onion adds to this goat cheese tomato pasta sauce! You can substitute yellow or white onions if you like.
- garlic - throw in whole cloves -- at least 5-7, but you can add as many as you feel like!
- mushrooms - mushrooms are the perfect addition to this pasta with goat cheese and spinach! They're roasted to a nice caramelization and add so much flavor.
- goat cheese - you'll need an 8-ounce log of goat cheese. I wouldn't recommend using crumbled goat cheese because it won't end up as creamy.
- olive oil - I love this La Tourangelle extra virgin olive oil!
- salt and pepper - to taste
- baby spinach - adds some great flavor and the nutritious benefits of more veggies to this goat cheese pasta recipe.
- pasta - I typically use bronze-cut rigatoni and it complements the creamy sauce so well!
- basil - we're topping this creamy pasta dish with a little fresh basil, and it's the perfect finishing touch!
You'll need a 9x13 pan or casserole dish for this recipe, to bake your goat cheese and veggies down to delicious caramelized goodness! You'll also need a stock pot to boil your pasta. Here are all the tools I recommend:
Can I substitute feta for goat cheese?
Yes you can! That would make this pasta recipe more like the TikTok baked feta pasta that went viral. But if you can't find 8 ounces of goat cheese, you can use a similar amount of block feta cheese for the same tangy, creamy goodness!
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Savory Recipes You'll Love
- Smoked Mac and Cheese with Bacon
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Chicken Macaroni Salad
- Sweet Potato Patties with Chickpeas and Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 1 pint (473 ml) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 red onion - roughly chopped
- 5-7 cloves garlic
- 1 cup (96 g) sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz. (227 g) soft goat cheese - in a log, not crumbles
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 4 tablespoon (59 ml) olive oil
- 12 ounces (340 g) pasta - uncooked (with ½ cup pasta water reserved)
- 2 cups (60 g) fresh baby spinach
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil - chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, and garlic cloves evenly in a 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish.1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 red onion, 5-7 cloves garlic, 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Place goat cheese log in center of dish, surrounded by other ingredients.8 oz. soft goat cheese
- Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.4 tablespoon olive oil, Salt and pepper
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in well-salted water until al dente, reserving 1 cup of pasta water just before draining.12 ounces pasta
- Immediately after removing dish from oven, toss in spinach and use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir the spinach mixture up into the roasted vegetable mixture.2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Allow a few minutes for spinach to wilt, then toss in pasta and reserved pasta water. Stir until sauce is creamy and pasta is well-coated.
- Sprinkle on basil and serve immediately.3-4 leaves fresh basil