These easy Halloween dirt cups with cream cheese filling are the best Halloween dirt dessert recipe! If you love Halloween dirt cake, try these Oreo Halloween graveyard dirt cups for adults or kids this year and make it a spooky celebration! They're the best gummy worms and dirt Halloween desserts! And if you like these Halloween dessert dirt cups, you'll love my Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries, my Halloween Oreo White Chocolate Bark or these fun Graveyard Brownies!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Easy Halloween Dirt Cups Recipe
It's SPOOKY SEASON! And this year I've got the best fun treats for your celebration! These Halloween dessert dirt cups are a fun idea that is so simple and delicious, and the fun toppings are so festive! With gummi worms and crumbled Oreos that look like worms and dirt, Halloween desserts have never been so fun! Best of all, they're so customizable -- you can use any fun Halloween candy to top them that you like! These delicious Halloween graveyard dirt dessert cups are perfect for a fun kid's activity that everyone can join in on!
Halloween Dirt Dessert with Cream Cheese Filling
When I decided to make these pumpkin patch dirt cups, I opted for a no-bake chocolate cheesecake filling rather than the typical chocolate pudding that I've seen on similar treats. I just prefer the richness of cheesecake to pudding, and it was so easy to make, so I didn't mind the extra step! I think you'll find it's a great idea for these Oreo Halloween graveyard dirt cups!
Worms and Dirt Halloween Desserts - What You'll Need
- cocoa powder - unsweetened cocoa powder is what gives our cheesecake filling its chocolate flavor!
- powdered sugar - powdered sugar adds subtle sweetness while keeping the filling light. If you swap the store-bought whipped topping for heavy cream, you may want to add a bit more powdered sugar to your preferred level of sweetness.
- cream cheese - your cream cheese should be softened to room temperature. see below for a quick tip to soften it quickly!
- vanilla - for the best flavor, be sure to use a high-quality pure vanilla extract. Or better yet, check out my post on how to make vanilla extract at home with just 2 ingredients!
- whipped topping - to make this recipe easier, you can use thawed whipped topping (like Cool Whip), or if you like, you can whip some heavy cream to make it even more delicious!
- Oreo cookies - about 24 regular Oreo cookies or any chocolate sandwich cookie would work for this recipe. You'll either use a food processor or a rolling pin to crush your cookies into fine crumbs to form the dirt.
- Milano cookies - we'll use any flavor of Milano cookies to create the shape of tombstones for that spooky graveyard look!
- food coloring marker - I used an edible food coloring marker to write the "R.I.P." on the Milano cookies.
- candy toppings - I used gummi worms, candy corn pumpkins, and candy googly eyes for more of the spooky graveyard look. Feel free to use whatever candies you prefer!
For this halloween dirt cups recipe, you'll need an electric mixer to cream the cream cheese. You also might want to use a food processor to crush your Oreos, or you could also use a rolling pin and a plastic freezer bag to crush them. You'll also want to use either glass or clear plastic individual cups so that the layers are visible through them!
How to Make Oreo Halloween Graveyard Dirt Cups
These Oreo dirt cups are such an easy dessert! You can see more detailed instructions below in the recipe card, but here's all you have to do to put them together:
- Beat the cream cheese and vanilla with an electric mixer until it's smooth. Then add in your powdered sugar and cocoa powder and mix them in well.
- If you're using store-bought whipped topping, mix it in now -- or you can whip some heavy cream in a separate large bowl and fold it in.
- Grab your cups and start layering! Start with a thin layer of crushed Oreos at the bottom of each cup, top with some of your cheesecake mixture (I like to use a piping bag), then more Oreo crumbs, then more cheesecake, and finally cover the top with crumbs to create your dirt layer!
- Now for the best part: decorating the top of the dirt cup! Use your food coloring marker to decorate the Milano cookies like gravestones, and add them along with your gummi worms, candy pumpkins, and googly eyes! So much fun!
- Refrigerate your Halloween dessert dirt cups until you're ready to serve your Oreo Halloween graveyard dirt cups!
Tips and F.A.Q.
To soften your block of cream cheese for this blueberry cream cheese coffee cake, just remove it from the foil and place on a microwave-safe plate. Heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or until softened. It should be ready to add to this recipe!
You can store these Halloween desserts in the fridge for up to 2 days before your Halloween parties! To make ahead, keep the cheesecake filling stored in an airtight container separate from the Oreo crumbles, and assemble right before serving.
If you like, you can make a vanilla no bake dessert by just omitting the cocoa powder! You can also add a bit of lemon zest for a brighter cheesecake flavor and some orange food coloring for a festive touch to these Halloween treats. You can also use Golden Oreos, or different types of candy according to your preference, like marshmallow ghosts, candy bones, or royal icing zombie hands! They'll be a huge hit at your next Halloween party!
More No-Bake Recipes You'll Love
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake (with Cookies and SCREAM variation)
- Cannoli Pie
- Pumpkin Mousse Pie with Maple Cookie Crust
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Oreo White Chocolate Bark
Equipment you may need
- 9 oz clear cups
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 oz whipped topping - or 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 24 Oreo cookies - crushed
- 6-10 Milano cookies
- food coloring marker - or black cookie icing
- Halloween candy decorations - I used gummi worms, candy corn pumpkins, and candy eyes
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in vanilla.8 oz cream cheese, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add powdered sugar, followed by cocoa powder, until smooth.1 cup powdered sugar, ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Fold in whipped topping, or if using heavy cream, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then fold in.8 oz whipped topping
- Add mixture to a pastry bag or gallon freezer bag and chill until ready to assemble.
Assemble Dirt Cups
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cookie crumbs to the bottom of each cup. Pipe 2 tablespoon of chocolate cream cheese filling on top. Repeat with another tablespoon of cookie crumbs and another 2 tablespoon of filling.24 Oreo cookies
- Sprinkle another 3-4 teaspoon of cookie crumbs on top of each cup and pat with the back of a spoon to even. Decorate with Milano tombstones, candy pumpkins, googly eyes, and gummi worms.6-10 Milano cookies, food coloring marker, Halloween candy decorations
- Serve immediately or chill up to 1 day before serving.
Last Updated on September 30, 2022 by Chenée Lewis
Adorable! Saving this recipe for my Daughters Halloween party.
So fun! They'll love it! 🙂
I just started to plan my Halloween party menu and was thinking about what I could make the kids. These are perfect and they're going to love them!
Definitely! These are always a hit with the kiddos!
These are perfect for Halloween! I made them for the kids this weekend and they loved these with the gummi worms and candy eyes!
Thanks! The decorations are so fun and spooky!
Yesssss!! Our favorite treat for Halloween weekend!
Mine too! 🙂 Glad you liked them!
super cute and fun to make cream cheese . my kids loved it
Yay! I'm so glad 🙂
omg - so much fun!!!! definitely making these for our halloween party - can't go wrong with oreos and cheesecake!
A match made in heaven!
These are such fun and so effective. I can't wait to make these with the kids - it will be great fun!
It's definitely a kid favorite! 🙂
I love dirt cups and these are so cute! What a fun idea to make a Halloween graveyard version with the Milano cookies. Can't wait to try 🙂
I hope you enjoy! They're so fun!
Super fun and delicious! Love all the chocolate. Not just for kids.
Definitely not! 😁
These were so easy to make the the kids gobbled them up so festive too!
So glad they were a hit! Thanks!