Southern Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls - easy deep fried rolls (or air fryer version) filled with spiced peach cobbler filling! This egg rolls Tiktok viral dessert is so easy and SO good! And if you like these, you’ll love my Peach Cobbler Pound Cake, my Strawberry Turnovers, or my Sweet Potato Pop Tarts!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Best Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls - Tiktok Inspired Recipe
These are the peach cobbler egg rolls Tiktok made popular! When I saw this idea on Tiktok I was so excited to make my own version. They're such an easy treat, with all the delicious flavors of a big batch of peach cobbler, all in a crispy fried shell. And we'll finish them off with a super simple vanilla bean dipping sauce, making them a fantastic treat for guests or special occasions!
Can I make these peach cobbler egg rolls with canned peaches?
Sure you can! Just drain a can of peaches in juice or water (not syrup), chop them up a bit and add them to the peach filling like you would fresh or frozen peaches! You may want to use about a teaspoon less of your brown sugar.
Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls Ingredients
- peaches - I prefer to use frozen peaches since I usually have them on hand, but if you've got some fresh ripe peaches or even a can of peaches in juice you can use those too!
- fresh lemon juice - adds a nice tartness to balance out the sweetness of our peach filling.
- butter - I usually use salted butter, but you can use unsalted and just add a pinch or two of salt to your peach filling.
- light brown sugar - adds a great warm sweetness that complements the peaches perfectly. If you don't have light brown sugar, dark brown sugar works too!
- cornstarch - adding a little cornstarch helps to thicken up our filling.
- vanilla extract - be sure to use a high-quality pure vanilla extract. Or better yet, check out my post on how to make vanilla extract at home with just 2 ingredients!
- ground cinnamon - this bit of spice is just what our peach filling needs to get that peach cobbler flavor!
- egg roll wrappers - I used the Nasoya brand vegan egg roll wrappers -- whatever brand you use, make sure they're egg roll wrappers rather than wonton wraps or spring roll wrappers. They're usually in the frozen section of the supermarket.
- vegetable oil - Canola oil or peanut oil work well -- you should use enough oil to be at least 3 inches deep in your dutch oven. I typically use 6 cups of canola oil.
- powdered sugar - this is optional, but I like dusting the finished egg rolls with a bit of powdered sugar!
Then we'll make an incredible vanilla bean dipping sauce for our peach cobbler egg rolls!
- powdered sugar - gives our icing the sweetness and consistency we want.
- vanilla bean paste - using vanilla bean paste provides amazing vanilla flavor! But you can also use vanilla extract if that's what you have on hand.
- milk - use the milk of your choice -- I used whole dairy milk.
- pinch of salt - to bring out that delicious vanilla flavor!
If you have a deep fryer, these treats will be even easier to make! I used a dutch oven and a candy thermometer to monitor the oil temperature. And as I mention below, you can also make these peach cobbler rolls in the air fryer! Here are a few more tools you'll need:
Can Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls Be Made Ahead?
Yes for sure! I would suggest preparing the egg rolls without frying them, then storing them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days until ready to fry them! That way you can save time and make these at the most convenient time!
Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls - Air Fryer Version
You can definitely make these in an air fryer to eliminate some of the oil and the whole process of deep frying! You can just spray them with cooking oil and heat them in a 380-degree air fryer for 15 minutes or until golden and brown and crispy, flipping halfway through. Air fryer times vary, so you may need to adjust accordingly.
Tips and F.A.Q.
Be sure to brush all sides of the wrapper with water and press the edges to seal them in. Also, make sure not to overfill your wrappers! It also helps to make sure your peach filling is thickened and cooled (I like to chill mine in the fridge) before assembling your egg rolls.
I hate peeling peaches, which is why I make these with frozen or canned peaches, but you can definitely use fresh peaches and feel free to leave the peels on!
If you use vegan egg roll wrappers (which I do - the Nasoya brand), you can just substitute vegan butter in your peach filling and make these peach egg rolls vegan friendly! And I love that idea! Make your dipping sauce with a little plant milk and you're good to go!
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Peach Recipes You'll Love
If you're looking for handheld desserts, try my peach mango pie recipe or my peach turnovers! Or maybe you want a fresh, cool treat? Try my cinnamon peach sorbet! My personal favorite is my Brown Butter Peach Tart!
Equipment you may need
- deep fryer
- dutch oven
- 2 cups chopped peaches - fresh, frozen, or canned (see below)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon salted butter - or use unsalted and add a pinch of salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoon water - for brushing
- vegetable oil - for frying
- powdered sugar - for dusting (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat chopped peaches, lemon juice, butter, brown sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.2 cups chopped peaches, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoon salted butter, ½ cup light brown sugar, 4 teaspoon cornstarch, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bring to a boil, stirring, and then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla extract, then set aside to cool.½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- To assemble egg rolls, place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface with one corner facing you. Brush the edges with water. place about 2 tablespoon of cooled peach filling in the center.10 egg roll wrappers, 2 tablespoon water
- Fold sides in while rolling until egg roll is rolled and sealed. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- Preheat oil to 350°F. Cooking in batches, carefully place egg rolls into hot oil and fry until deep golden brown, about 5-6 minutes.vegetable oil
- Remove egg rolls to a wire rack placed over a paper towel to drain and cool. Once cool, dust with powdered sugar, if desired.powdered sugar
Vanilla Bean Dipping Sauce
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla bean paste.¾ cup powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons milk, ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Whisk in a pinch of salt to taste and use to dip cooled egg rolls.pinch salt
Last Updated on September 8, 2023 by Chenée Lewis