This vegan protein baked oats for one will start your day off right! So many yummy flavors in these protein baked oats - Chocolate, banana, and peanut butter! You’ll love these baked oats for one - microwave option included! And if you love this single serve baked oatmeal, try my Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie, my Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte (Starbucks Copycat), and my Fried Potatoes and Onions!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Protein Baked Oatmeal for One
If you've had baked oats before, you know they're a deliciously easy to get a nourishing breakfast. Blended oats creates a perfect base for all your favorite breakfast ingredients, and the texture is almost like cake! And this baked oats for one is vegan, so simple to make, and packed with flavor! Best of all, you can top it with creamy melty nut butter and chocolate chips to make it an even more decadent breakfast treat!
Can you put protein in oatmeal?
You sure can! Protein powder adds a boost of filling protein to help keep you satisfied all morning, and it's so easy! Just use your favorite protein powder and toss about a tablespoon into this single serve baked oatmeal recipe! And if you like using protein powder in recipes, try this protein chia pudding!
Are baked oats good for you?
I find them to be a satisfying, delicious meal that keeps me full. That said, whether they're good for you depends a lot on your personal nutritional needs. There are so many great ingredients in these protein baked oats - banana, peanut butter, oats, and protein, all great sources of nutrients!
How do you make protein oatmeal bakes?
- old fashioned oats - be sure to use old-fashioned oats to make sure that the texture comes out right.
- protein powder - you can use any protein powder you like. Be sure to use plant-based protein powder to keep this protein baked oats vegan!
- unsweetened cocoa powder - gives this protein baked oats chocolate flavor!
- baking powder - we'll use a little baking powder to give these oats a nice lift.
- maple syrup - I use maple syrup which keeps this baked oats vegan, but you can substitute another sweetener of your choice if you like.
- banana - your banana should be ripe -- the more ripe your banana is, the sweeter these oats will be.
- milk - I use almond milk, but feel free to use any plant milk or dairy milk you like.
- peanut butter - you can use peanut butter or another nut butter or seed butter of your choice. This step is optional but results in a rich, melty topping for our protein baked oatmeal for one!
First, you'll definitely need a blender or food processor for this protein baked oatmeal for one -- it helps break down the oats into a fine oat flour. That's how we'll get the soft cake-like texture we want! Then, you'll want an oven-safe ramekin with an 8-ounce capacity. You can also use an oven-safe mug, but depending on the shape of the mug it may increase the baking time for your single serve baked oatmeal.
Tips and F.A.Q.
Each serving of these baked oats (without toppings) has 424 calories, 23 grams of protein, and 7 grams of fiber. I have read that foods high in fiber and protein can be good for blood sugar regulation and can help with following a low-calorie diet. That said, be sure you consult your own doctor or nutritional expert for advice on how these baked oats will work for you! Nutrition Disclaimer
This vegan single serve baked oatmeal recipe yields one serving of baked oats, enough for an 8-ounce ramekin or mug.
If your protein baked oats are soggy, they may need a bit more time in the oven. You can also limit excess moisture by choosing a banana that isn't overripe.
If you like, you can make these healthy baked oats for one in a microwave in just 2 minutes! Heat the ramekin on high for 1-2 minutes, checking after 1 ½ minutes.
This is also an excellent meal prep idea! Just use the ingredient adjustment buttons in the recipe card below to scale up the recipe up to 3x and store additional servings in a tightly-covered container in the fridge. Heat in microwave 60-90 seconds to serve.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Breakfast Recipes You'll Love
- Blueberry Toast with Whipped Ricotta
- Nutella Baked Oats
- Earl Grey Scones with Vanilla Bean Glaze
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
Equipment you may need
- 8-ounce oven safe ramekin
- cooking spray
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon protein powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup - or sweetener of your choice
- ½ medium banana - ripe
- ½ cup plant milk - or dairy
- 2 teaspoon peanut butter - (or nut butter or seed butter of your choice), optional
- chocolate chips - dairy free if preferred, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray ramekin with cooking spray.cooking spray
- Place oats in blender and blend for 30 seconds, or until oats reach a fine powder consistency.½ cup old fashioned oats
- Add remaining ingredients (excluding peanut butter and chocolate chips) and blend another 30 seconds until smooth.1 tablespoon protein powder, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ medium banana, ½ cup plant milk, 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pour into prepared ramekin and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Top with a dollop of peanut butter and a few chocolate chips and enjoy warm.2 teaspoon peanut butter, chocolate chips
Last Updated on April 11, 2023 by Chenée Lewis
I had this for breakfast, but I felt like I was cheating because it tasted so much like a dessert! It was absolutely amazing!
Wonderful! Thanks so much!
It's nice having a healthy sweet option when you're craving something for dessert. Sounds wonderful and with the extra drizzle of nut butter, very satisfying!
SO glad you liked it! 🙂
These protein packed oats look and sound amazing! Yummy!
This recipe is healthy and delicious, and this single serving baked oats is perfect for me. Thanks for sharing!
Yum, yes please! These sound amazing. Thank you for including a microwave option for rushed mornings. I'm looking forward to trying these tomorrow.
I love that this is a quick and easy dish for one! Perfect for me while I am working from home.
This is so good and easy to make!! Such an amazing day starter!
Yes! I love starting my day with these protein baked oats!
Love this healthy and delicious version of baked oats. Pinned to make this soon.
Wonderful! Hope you enjoy!
MmmmMmmm! This was a tasty way to start my day. It kept me full until lunch too. Thanks!
SO glad you enjoyed! Thank you!
Ohhh love this easy oats recipe and what a great idea to make the smaller portion. Perfect for busy moms. Thanks for sharing!
Yes! I cook for myself mostly so I love these small batch recipes!
Wow, this was so moist and delicious! We will definitely make again! 🙂
Thank you so much!