*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on October 5, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
I don’t know about you, but my love for pumpkin spice isn’t going anywhere anytime soon! I love how festive and warm pumpkin spice treats are — it’s like getting an autumn-themed hug! But sometimes I need a break from the sweet treats and goodies that often come with those festive fall flavors, and that’s where this vegan pumpkin pie smoothie comes in! It’s got all those delicious pumpkin spice flavors, plus vanilla and pure maple syrup, all in a cool, satisfying smoothie! It’s like a healthy slice of pumpkin pie in a glass!
- Pumpkin – canned pumpkin is a great source of fiber, nutrients, and antioxidants.
- Vegan Protein – I used Orgain Vanilla Bean Plant-based Protein + Superfoods powder. It’s a vegan protein powder that’s packed with nutrients and has 21 grams of protein per serving!
- Oats – whole grain oats are loaded with nutrients antioxidants, and have been shown to help manage blood sugar and cholesterol.
- Banana – bananas are very rich in nutrients and antioxidants, and their fiber has been shown to be help with digestion, weight loss, and blood sugar regulation.
On top of all that, this healthy pumpkin spice smoothie tastes GREAT! You can customize the sweetness and spices to your preference and really make it your own. Plus, the texture is so smooth and satisfying. You’ll be enjoying this all season (and then some)!
So here’s what you’ll need to gather for this delicious vegan pumpkin pie smoothie:
- canned pumpkin purée – it should be 100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
- old-fashioned oats – the whole grains in oats help give this smoothie a hearty, filling, smooth texture and help it to fill you up!
- Orgain Vanilla Bean powder – or any other vanilla
- maple syrup – you can also use coconut sugar, molasses, or yacon syrup for another unrefined sweetener option!
- frozen banana – I like to keep chunks of banana in the freezer for smoothies! This thickens it up, adds sweetness, and
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk – or you can use any nondairy or dairy milk you like!
- vanilla extract – adds a rich vanilla flavor to balance the pumpkin and spices.
- pumpkin pie spice – those amazing fall spices are so perfect in this vegan pumpkin smoothie! You can make your own pumpkin pie spice blend, or pick up your favorite storebought blend!
- ice (optional) – I like to add a few ice cubes to give it a more refreshing smooth thickness. This is totally optional though, especially with the frozen bananas. It’s just a matter of how thick and creamy you prefer your smoothies to be!
This is a pretty straightforward pumpkin pie smoothie recipe — all you’ll really need is a blender! Here are a few additional tools that I used:
If you love this pumpkin pie smoothie recipe and you’re looking for another delicious smoothie recipe, try my 2-minute anti-aging green smoothie! I make it with collagen to support my joints, skin, and hair, but you can definitely sub in vegan protein powder as well!
For another vegan dish that’s perfect for autumn, try my Sweet Potato Patties with Chickpeas and Creamy Avocado Sauce. It’s a delicious, satisfying meal or snack that’s vegan, gluten-free, and full of amazing nutrients!
Equipment you may need
- Combine ingredients in blender cup and blend until smooth.
- If necessary, add additional almond milk or sweetener to taste.
PIN this vegan pumpkin pie smoothie recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, SUBSCRIBE BELOW for all my latest updates! PLUS, when you subscribe you’ll get FREE access to CREEP IT REAL: Tips for a Socially Distanced and SPOOKTacular Halloween in 2020!
PLUS, click here to take my 2020 reader survey and be entered to win a Wilton 3-Tier Collapsible Cooling Rack!!