Easy vegan pumpkin smoothie recipe perfect for a fall breakfast or snack! This healthy pumpkin smoothie is simple and delicious! You're gonna love this vegan pumpkin pie smoothie! If you want more vegan goodies, check out my Vegan Olive Oil Cake with Lemon and Pistachio, my Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Banana and Cacao, or my Peach Sorbet Recipe!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
I don't know about you, but my love for pumpkin spice isn't going anywhere anytime soon! I love how festive and warm pumpkin spice treats are -- it's like getting an autumn-themed hug! But sometimes I need a break from the sweet treats and goodies that often come with those festive fall flavors, and that's where this vegan pumpkin smoothie comes in! It's got all those delicious pumpkin spice flavors, plus vanilla and pure maple syrup, all in a cool, satisfying smoothie! It's like a healthy slice of pumpkin pie in a glass!
What is the best vegan smoothie for breakfast?
- Pumpkin - canned pumpkin is a great source of beta carotene, fiber, and potassium.
- Vegan Protein - I used Orgain Vanilla Bean Plant-based Protein + Superfoods powder. It's a vegan protein powder that's packed with nutrients and has 21 grams of protein per serving!
- Oats - whole grain oats are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, and have been shown to help manage blood sugar and cholesterol.
- Banana - bananas are very rich in nutrients and antioxidants, and their fiber has been shown to be help with digestion, weight loss, and blood sugar regulation.
Note that this information is not a substitute for the advice of a diet/nutrition expert or medical professional -- please see my nutrition disclaimer.
On top of all that, this vegan pumpkin smoothie tastes GREAT! You can customize the sweetness and spices to your preference and really make it your own. Plus, the texture is so smooth and satisfying. You'll be enjoying this all season (and then some)! And if you want another delicious vegan pumpkin recipe, try making Pumpkin Soup without cream!
So here's what you'll need to gather for this delicious vegan pumpkin pie smoothie:
- canned pumpkin purée - it should be 100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling.
- old-fashioned oats - the whole grains in oats help give this vegan pumpkin smoothie a hearty, filling, smooth texture and help it to fill you up!
- Orgain Vanilla Bean powder - or any other vanilla protein powder you like -- double-check that it's vegan if you're following a vegan diet!
- maple syrup - you can also use coconut sugar, molasses, or yacon syrup for another unrefined sweetener option!
- frozen banana - I like to keep chunks of banana in the freezer for smoothies! This thickens it up and adds sweetness.
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk - or you can use oat milk, coconut milk, or any nondairy or dairy milk you like!
- vanilla extract - adds a rich vanilla flavor to balance the pumpkin and spices.
- pumpkin pie spice - those amazing fall spices are so perfect in this vegan pumpkin smoothie! You can make your own pumpkin pie spice blend, or pick up your favorite storebought blend!
- ice (optional) - I like to add a few ice cubes to give this vegan pumpkin smoothie a more refreshing smooth thickness. This is totally optional though, especially with the frozen bananas. It's just a matter of how thick and creamy you prefer your smoothies to be!
This is a pretty straightforward clean pumpkin smoothie recipe -- all you'll really need is a blender! Here are a few additional tools that I used:
Tips and F.A.Q.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you can use apple pie spice, or just add ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ginger, ⅛ teaspoon cloves, and a pinch of nutmeg.
Top this smoothie with granola, toasted pepitas, whipped coconut cream, or dried cranberries!
This healthy pumpkin pie smoothie is nice and thick thanks to the frozen banana and plant protein powder. But if you want it to be even thicker, you can add a few ice cubes to make it thick and refreshing!
If you're looking for vegan smoothies, make sure your smoothie doesn't have any whey protein or dairy products like yogurt. You'll also want to avoid smoothies with collagen supplements. Because we're using plant protein here, we're making this pumpkin protein smoothie vegan and delicious!
More Vegan Recipes You'll Love
- Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Banana and Cacao
- Vegan White Bean Dip with Lemon and Pistachios
- Mango Overnight Oats with Coconut
- Vegan Couscous Salad with Charred Corn
- Cinnamon Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn
Equipment you may need
- ½ cup (58 g) pumpkin purée - (130g)
- ¼ cup (20 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-2 tablespoon (20 g) maple syrup - or coconut sugar, or molasses
- 1 banana - frozen (126g)
- ½ Cup (118 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk - (240ml), plus more if needed
- 1 scoop vanilla plant protein powder
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon (2 g) pumpkin pie spice
- Combine ingredients in blender cup and blend until smooth.½ cup pumpkin purée, ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats, 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 banana, ½ Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla plant protein powder, ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract, ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, Ice
- If necessary, add additional almond milk or sweetener to taste.
PIN this simple vegan pumpkin smoothie recipe for later!
Last Updated on April 2, 2023 by Chenée Lewis