Summer stone fruit salad with goat cheese, mint, and toasted almonds! Plus a honey-lemon stone fruit salad dressing! This nectarine, plum, and peach fruit salad comes from my summer cookbook, Sweet Summertime! It's available now, and this is just one of the many incredible summery dessert recipes you'll find in the book! Click here to get your copy!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Summer Stone Fruit Salad Recipe
What's summer without the beautiful seasonal fruits that are so plentiful this time of year? And to me, all the delicious stone fruits that are now in season -- peaches, nectarines, cherries, plums, apricots, and mangoes -- are the best part of this time of year! That's why I love this stone fruit salad! It features all those delicious ripe stone fruits, plus fresh mint, creamy goat cheese, and toasted almonds. It's so easy to put together, and it's great on its own or as an appetizer or snack any time of day!
Stone Fruit Salad Dressing
One of my favorite parts of this summer stone fruit salad is the dressing. It's a light, fresh honey-lemon vinaigrette with plenty of chopped mint. It adds a perfect sweet and tangy quality to this ripe stone fruit and peach fruit salad.
What are the five stone fruits?
There are actually more than five stone fruits! And they all taste great in this salad. Some examples of stone fruit are peaches, nectarines, mangoes, plums, cherries, apricots, and lychees.
Peach Fruit Salad Ingredients
- ripe stone fruit - use whatever stone fruits you have that are fresh and ripe -- peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, cherries, and even mangoes work great in this salad!
- vegetable oil - just a bit of vegetable oil helps to bring the vinaigrette together.
- lemon juice - we'll use some fresh squeezed lemon juice to brighten up the vinaigrette and add the perfect amount of tartness to this salad.
- honey - I love how a little honey makes this peach fruit salad really balanced!
- fresh mint - adds to the fresh flavor in the vinaigrette.
- goat cheese - you can also use feta or brie -- whatever works best for your preference!
- raw almonds - I greatly prefer to toast the almonds myself whenever I use toasted almonds in a recipe -- it is so easy and adds so much more flavor! I've included instructions below on how to do it, but feel free also to just buy some roasted almonds and toss them in!
This super easy stone fruit salad couldn't be simpler to make! Other than the knife and cutting board you'll need to cut your fruit, and a whisk and bowl to whip up the honey-lemon vinaigrette, you don't need any particular tools!
Tips and F.A.Q.
Stone fruits are fruits with a large "stone" or "pit" in the middle that contains the seed. The most common stone fruits are peaches, nectarines, cherries, apricots, mangoes, and plums. But actually there are lots of other fruits that are technically stone fruits as well, like blackberries, dates, and coconuts.
It's easy toast your almonds for this salad! Just spread one cup whole raw almonds on a large cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the pan immediately to cool, then chop roughly.
I love using goat cheese in this salad because of the creamy tangy element that it adds! But other ideas that might work are brie, burrata, or feta.
Stored well refrigerated in an airtight container, this salad will keep fresh for up to 3-4 days.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Summer Recipes You'll Love
- Peach Turnovers with Smoked Sugar
- Mango Popsicles
- Ricotta Lemon Pasta
- Cherry Crumb Pie
- Skillet Blueberry Cobbler with Smoked Sugar
- Sweet Summertime Cookbook
Equipment you may need
- 3 cups (711 g) ripe stone fruit - e.g. peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, cherries, and/or mangoes; pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon (44 ml) lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) honey - plus extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) fresh mint leaves - chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 oz (57 g) goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon (20 g) raw almonds - toasted, then chopped (see note)
- Slice fruit and arrange in a serving bowl. Set aside.3 cups ripe stone fruit
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, honey, and mint.1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 3 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves
- Toss vinaigrette with fruit. Top with goat cheese, broken into pieces, and toasted almonds.2 tablespoon raw almonds, 2 oz goat cheese
- Drizzle with additional honey and sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately.2 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves
Last Updated on June 20, 2022 by Chenée Lewis
I love how fresh this recipe is. The vinaigrette was fabulous!
Thank you! Glad you like it!
I love the combination of ingredients in this salad recipe. Thanks for sharing
It's so fresh! Thank you!
I know this is a Summer salad but I can eat this all year! Easy, flavorful, and soo delicious!
Looks so pretty and sounds delicious! Can't wait to try this.
This was everything a gourmet salad should be, and then some! So many delicious flavors and textures in one meal; easily, a new favorite recipe!
So glad you liked it! 🙂
This fruit salad is fantastic! SO much flavor and so easy to make!
So glad you like it!
What a beautiful platter! This is a great ideas as an appetizer or a snack, saving!
Thanks! It's really yummy!
saving this recipe! I have a peach tree in my yard, and I often find myself with way too many peaches and no idea what to do with them! this looks amazing.
Lucky you! hope you enjoy!
That honey lemon vinaigrette totally sends this salad over the top! I will be eating it all summer long!
Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it!
The flavors in this salad combine together to make one of the most flavorful salads I've ever had. It's delicious!
Thank you so much! I love this salad in the summertime!