Last Updated on April 11, 2022 by Chenée Lewis
I'm a HUGE Oreo lover! My No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake and Halloween Oreo White Chocolate Bark are just the tip of the iceberg -- I love Oreos in everything. The more the better, especially in ice cream! So when I decided to make this no-churn Oreo ice cream recipe, I definitely did not skimp on the Oreos!
The best part about this ice cream is that this is a no-churn recipe, which means you won't need an ice cream maker to make it! With just a few ingredients and an electric mixer, you could be on your way to amazing homemade Oreo ice cream! It's the perfect summer, winter, or anytime treat, and it couldn't be easier!
What is Oreo ice cream made of?
This no-churn cookies and cream ice cream recipe is basically just vanilla ice cream with Oreo cookies in it! In fact, there are only 6 ingredients in this recipe, and it's so quick and easy to put together. If you're a fan of Oreos, or cookies and cream ice cream in general, you've got to try it! Let's take a look at the ingredients you'll need:
- Oreo cookies - the star of the show! Because what's an Oreo ice cream recipe without Oreo cookies? We're going to crush them into both small crumbs and larger chunks, because variety is the spice of life. The recipe below calls for 26 cookies, which is definitely a lot, and more th
- condensed milk - a crucial part of the no-churn ice cream formula, sweetened condensed milk provides sweetness, fat, and texture that helps to get our ice cream creamy and delicious!
- milk - I find that lightening up the heavy cream with a little milk helps to get the texture just right! Smooth and creamy, and frozen to the perfect consistency.
- heavy cream - this is another important part of the texture of our no-churn ice cream recipe. We'll whip up our heavy cream to stiff peaks so that the ice cream has that light fluffy texture we want!
- vanilla extract - be sure to use a high-quality pure vanilla extract. Or better yet, check out my post on how to make vanilla extract at home with just 2 ingredients!
- salt - just a couple pinches of salt helps to bring out all these amazing flavors.
This is a no-churn Oreo ice cream recipe, so we won't need an ice cream maker today! All you'll need to whip up this cool creamy cookies and cream ice cream is an electric mixer. I use a stand mixer for this recipe, but a hand mixer will work well too. Here are a few other tools you'll need:
Tips and F.A.Q.
Definitely! Feel free to use other varieties of Oreos like Carrot Cake Oreos, Lemon Creme Oreos, or Mint Creme Oreos! Those all sound so delicious and a perfect way to switch it up to your preference!
Vanilla ice cream with Oreos, like this recipe, is often called cookies and cream. And it is my FAVORITE! If you haven't had it yet I'm glad you're giving it a try!
I imagine it depends on the recipe, and on your definition of "healthy" -- but I'll be straight with you: this recipe is very decadent and rich, and meant for enjoying in moderation. But it's definitely worth it for an occasional treat!
Other Ice Cream Recipes You'll Love
Equipment you may need
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat strawberries until reduced by half, stirring. Place in freezer for 20 minutes to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, milk, vanilla, and salt until smooth and thickened.14 fl oz sweetened condensed milk, ⅛ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Beat heavy whipping cream with a stand mixer, hand mixer, or whisk until stiff peaks form, about 2-5 minutes.2 cups heavy cream
- Gently fold milk mixture into whipped cream and stir until combined, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream. Gently fold in Oreos.
- Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan or other freezer-safe container and smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, allow to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften.
PIN this oreo ice cream recipe for later!