This blackberry strawberry banana smoothie recipe is so delicious and nourishing! Make this strawberry blackberry yogurt smoothie as a morning pick-me-up or a snack throughout the day! And if you like this strawberry blackberry banana smoothie, you’ll love my Mango Kale Smoothie with Collagen, my Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie, and my Protein Baked Oats for One!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Banana Strawberry Blackberry Yogurt Smoothie
This is my new favorite breakfast smoothie! It's got so much flavor from the berries and bananas. Plus its greek yogurt and flaxseeds add protein and fiber for a well-balanced, satisfying smoothie! So if you like a strawberry banana smoothie, you'll love the addition of blackberries in this strawberry blackberry smoothie! The tart blackberries are so delicious, and they add just a little of that special something to your morning smoothie that you need!
Are banana and strawberry smoothies good for you?
So what are some banana strawberry blackberry smoothie benefits? In this sweet smoothie, fresh Greek yogurt is blended with blackberries, strawberries, banana and flaxseeds to make a healthy and filling breakfast. First, blackberries are full of Vitamin C and fiber. Strawberries are also high in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Bananas, also, are rich in antioxidants and their soluble fiber helps you to feel full. We're also adding in flaxseeds, which are a great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Strawberry Blackberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
- blackberries - I love using frozen blackberries in this recipe to keep it super cool and refreshing on a hot day. If you have fresh berries, check out these tips on how to keep summer berries fresh for longer!
- strawberries - similarly, grab a bag of frozen strawberries to mix in with your smoothie and make it super easy!
- banana - your banana should be ripe but not overly ripe. I keep a bag of frozen banana in the fridge, but fresh bananas are great in this recipe too.
- Greek yogurt - adds protein and a deliciously creamy consistency. I use nonfat plain Greek yogurt, but you can use whatever type you like, or use nondairy greek yogurt to make this strawberry blackberry yogurt smoothie vegan!
- almond milk or water - I usually just go with water for my smoothies, but some vanilla almond milk would add nice flavor too!
- ground flaxseeds - an easy way to boost the fiber and omega-3 fatty acids in this blackberry banana smoothie!
- ice - this is optional, but if you use fresh fruit instead of frozen, it can help to add a little ice to thicken up your strawberry blackberry smoothie!
You'll need a powerful blender to crush the frozen fruit in this blackberry banana smoothie. I like my Nutribullet blender for this! Either way, you can use any blender you like! To serve, I like to use these rocks glasses, but you can also use these travel mugs to take this blackberry banana smoothie on the go!
Strawberry Blackberry Smoothie - No Yogurt Option
You can make this strawberry blackberry banana smoothie without yogurt! Just leave it out, or if you want added protein you can add a half scoop of your favorite protein powder. For a more creamy consistency, you can replace the yogurt with ¼ of a ripe avocado.
Tips and F.A.Q.
You can really use any berries you like in your smoothies, but I think that the combination of blackberries and strawberries in this smoothie is just perfect! It would also be great with a blend of frozen berries -- this frozen berry blend includes blueberries and raspberries too!
Yes, definitely! I like to use frozen fruit to cut down on prep time, plus they add a nice thickness to the smoothie. But if you use fresh berries, you can also add a few ice cubes to thicken it up!
Sure! You can make these smoothies up to a day in advance and store in the fridge, tightly covered. If you like, blend them up with a few ice cubes to thicken them up just before serving.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Breakfast Recipes You'll Love
- Nutella Baked Oats
- Blueberry Toast with Whipped Ricotta
- Banana Cinnamon Pancakes with Maple Brown Butter Glaze
- Earl Grey Scones with Vanilla Bean Glaze
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
Equipment you may need
- ¼ cup (36 g) blackberries - fresh or frozen
- ½ cup (72 g) strawberries - fresh or frozen
- ½ banana - fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup (50 g) Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon (14 g) ground flaxseed
- ½ cup (118 ml) water - almond milk, or juice (plus more as needed for blending)
- ice cubes - (optional) for a thicker smoothie
- Blend all ingredients except ice in a blender until smooth.¼ cup blackberries, ½ cup strawberries, ½ banana, ¼ cup Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed, ½ cup water
- Add ice if needed to thicken, or more liquid if desired to thin smoothie out a bit.ice cubes
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Last Updated on September 5, 2023 by Chenée Lewis