This Philadelphia cheesecake recipe is made with a 5 ingredient no bake cheesecake filling! It's a quick cheesecake with cool whip that is sure to be your new favorite! If you've got 5 minutes, you can make this no bake cream cheese cool whip pie!
If you like this cool whip and cream cheese cheesecake, you'll love my Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake, my No Bake Oreo Cheesecake, and my Sweet Cream Cold Foam Recipe!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Kraft No Bake Cheesecake with Cool Whip
This Philadelphia cheesecake recipe is a go-to recipe in our house! It's always a great idea -- with a 5 ingredient no bake cheesecake filling, store-bought Keebler pie crust, and whatever toppings you like! Because sometimes you just want cheesecake, but you don't want to spend so much time, or deal with a springform pan or water bath. This recipe is the easiest way to feed that craving!
I like to keep this handful of ingredients on hand for whenever we want a quick dessert! This easy cheesecake recipe is the perfect dessert for last minute guests or family gatherings!
What is no-bake cheesecake filling made of?
Because it's only a 5 ingredient no bake cheesecake filling, this cool whip and cream cheese cheesecake pie only calls for a handful of simple ingredients! Here's what you'll need:
- whipped cream cheese - instead of softened cream cheese we're using chilled whipped cream cheese! I like using Philadelphia cream cheese for this recipe. Using whipped cream cheese provides a light and fluffy texture, and you don't have to wait for the cream cheese to soften to room temperature!
- whipped topping - I like to use Extra Creamy Cool Whip! Make sure it's thawed, but still cold. If you prefer, see below for instructions on how to make this Philadelphia no bake cheesecake recipe without Cool Whip!
- powdered sugar - using powdered sugar helps give this kraft no bake cheesecake recipe a little more structure. And you can adjust the amount to your preference!
- fresh lemon juice - this is the secret for this quick cheesecake with cool whip! It provides tart lemon flavor and helps to set the cheesecake texture. If you can't find any crystallized lemon powder, you can just use fresh lemon juice.
- pure vanilla extract - it should be the good stuff -- pure vanilla extract. I like to make my own!
- classic graham cracker crust - the best part of any decadent cheesecake! You can use food processor to make a homemade crust out of crushed graham crackers and melted butter like the one from my Lemon Icebox Pie recipe, or do it the easy way and use a store-bought graham cracker crust!
- your favorite toppings - I like to add cherry pie filling and whipped cream to this delicious dessert, but any topping would be great on this Kraft no bake cheesecake! You could also try my Amarena Cherry Chocolate Sauce!
See recipe card for quantities.
If you're making a homemade pie crust, you'll need a pie pan or pie plate. Otherwise, you can just use a mixing spoon and mixing bowl to whip up this Philadelphia cheesecake recipe!
How to Make Quick Cheesecake with Cool Whip
This Cool Whip cheesecake is such an easy recipe, giving you classic cheesecake flavor without the effort! You can check out the recipe card below for detailed instructions, but here are the basic steps:
Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped topping, and vanilla in a large bowl.
Add lemon juice and stir until smooth.
Press cream cheese mixture into prepared graham cracker crust and smooth the top.
Cover and let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight, then serve and enjoy!
Hint: Don't overmix the cheesecake filling -- you want to mix it just until combined so that it stays fluffy. I like to use a fork, rubber spatula, or whisk instead of an electric mixer to avoid deflating the mixture.
Philadelphia No Bake Cheesecake Recipe Without Cool Whip
If you'd rather make this Philadelphia no bake cheesecake recipe without Cool Whip, it's easy! Just add 1 ½ cups very cold heavy cream to a bowl and whip with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form -- you can also use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
Add-Ons for No Bake Cream Cheese Cool Whip Pie
I love to top this 5 ingredient no bake cheesecake filling with cherry pie filling, but you have so many different options for whatever delicious toppings or mix-ins you like!
- Your Favorite Fruit Pie Filling - add a can of cherry pie filling, apple pie filling, blueberry pie filling, or peach pie filling to the top of this kraft no bake cheesecake!
- Strawberry Crunch Topping - sprinkle my strawberry crunch topping to this cheesecake to add delicious flavor and texture.
- Lemon - add lemon curd to the top for a bright burst of citrus flavor.
- Chocolate or Caramel - add caramel sauce or chocolate sauce to the top of your Cool whip and Cream cheese cheesecake!
- Fresh Fruit - fresh berries, bananas, kiwi -- anything you like!
- Chocolate Chips - fold them in right before you spread the mixture into the pie crust!
Check out my Cannoli Pie for another delicious no bake recipe that's the perfect easy dessert for special occasions!
Cool Whip and Cream Cheese Cheesecake Storage
Another reason I love to use a store-bought graham cracker pie crust for this Keebler no bake cheesecake is that they usually come with an easy storage option! You can just flip over the plastic top that comes with the packaging and secure it to the finished pie with the edges of the foil pan!
Once the pie has set, it can be stored this way in the fridge for up to 4 days.
For best results and to make sure your no bake cream cheese cool whip pie is light and fluffy, be sure to use whipped cream cheese and don't leave out the lemon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Make sure you use full-fat whipped cream cheese, and chill your cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least a few hours (or overnight) before serving. This will allow the creamy filling to set up properly.
There are a few reasons your cheesecake could not be firming up -- you could have overmixed the cream cheese filling, or your ingredients could have been too warm before adding them. You may also have left out the lemon, or not given it enough time to chill before digging in.
It depends on your personal taste preferences and the occasion for which you are making the cheesecake. If you prefer a lighter, creamier dessert with less effort, no-bake cheesecake may be a great recipe for you. But if you are looking for a richer, more indulgent dessert, traditional cheesecakes like my Biscoff Cheesecake may be the better choice.
A Philadelphia no-bake cheesecake can last in the fridge for up to 4 days, assuming it is stored properly. To store your cheesecake, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container. This will help prevent it from drying out or absorbing any odors from the fridge.
Looking for other recipes like this Philadelphia cheesecake recipe? Try these:
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
Equipment you may need
- mixing spoons
- 12 oz (340 g) whipped cream cheese - cold
- 1 8-ounce container (226 g) Cool Whip - thawed but cold
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar - adjust to taste if needed
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 graham cracker crust - store-bought or homemade
- pie filling or topping of your choice - optional
- In a large bowl, add whipped cream, Cool Whip, and powdered sugar and stir with a fork or mixing spoon until combined, being careful not to deflate.12 oz whipped cream cheese, 1 8-ounce container Cool Whip, ½ cup powdered sugar
- Add vanilla and lemon juice and mix together.1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Spread mixture into graham cracker crust and gently smooth the top.1 graham cracker crust
- Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight. Serve cold with the topping of your choice, and keep leftovers in the fridge.pie filling or topping of your choice
I have made this cheesecake before but not with the whipped cream cheese and lemon juice. So definitely going to try this. I made homemade vanilla at xmas time for little gifts and Walmart had cute fabric Christmasy drawstring bags to put them in. Everyone loved them. I used 80 proof vodka but next time I want to try the bourbon. I used Tahitian vanilla beans. Wondered if you ever used the madagascar beans and if so, how were they.
Hope you like it!! 🙂 I love making homemade vanilla and it's such a great gift idea! I haven't tried using Madagascar beans, but I'm sure that would be delicious too!
This easy, light and creamy cheesecake is a perfect dessert during the summer.
dina and bruce miller
We are without a kitchen so this was perfect! So light and tasty!!!
Fantastic! Thank you!
Sooooooo tasty! I love how easy it is to make. As the weather gets warmer, I really don't want to turn on my oven.
Same here!! I love no bake recipes in the summer.
This is exactly the recipe I was looking for! So easy to make and perfect for the warmer weather. My new favorite way to make cheesecake!
I'm glad you found it!! Thanks!
This version of cheesecake is so easy and creamy!
I agree! It's my go-to!