Last Updated on December 5, 2021 by Chenée Lewis
This brie and cranberry tart with puff pastry is the best holiday appetizer! Perfect for a pre-dinner snack or day-after treat, this brie tart has flaky puff pastry, cranberry sauce, creamy brie, and a drizzle of honey. It’s so easy to make!
If you love this leftover cranberry sauce and brie puff pastry tart, you’ll want to try my Pear Puff Pastry Tart with Caramelized Onion and Blue Cheese, my Puff Pastry Pizza, or my Cinnamon Puff Pastry Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Brie and Cranberry Tart
This holiday season, I'm all about keeping it low-stress and low key! That's why, in addition to sharing my Stress-Free 2020 Holiday Planning Guide, I'm focusing on quick and easy recipes that can make your lives easier from now through New Year's Day! Speaking of easy, this brie and cranberry puff pastry tart comes together SO easily and it's a perfect appetizer or snack this season for your low-key gatherings, family dinners, or just as a snack for yourself for Netflix night! Let's get into how to make this puff pastry tart!
Brie Tart - Quick and easy!
I love to have easy appetizers available on holidays, whether it's a quick cheese board, a savory snack mix, or a crudité platter. But this puff pastry tart is next level. It's just as easy as any veggie or cheese tray, but so much more irresistible! Plus, it looks so elegant on your cocktail table, it's certain to impress your guests! But what will really impress them is the taste!
This easy puff pastry tart is made with a few quick shortcuts to make it super simple. First, we're using store-bought puff pastry to form the base for our brie and cranberry filling. Then, we're adding brie, pecans, and canned whole berry cranberry sauce. It adds that tart festive sweetness, but takes no extra time! Finally, we'll top it with some rosemary and it's ready to bake! Drizzle the baked tart with some honey and you've got a quick, impressive appetizer that came together in just a few minutes!
- puff pastry - I always use Pepperidge Farm puff pastry for a puff pastry tart, but you can grab any frozen puff pastry you like. It should be fully thawed before you start.
- brie cheese - You can use any variety of brie you like, or whatever's available. I tend to use a wheel of brie and just slice it into rectangles.
- whole berry cranberry sauce - to save time, you can grab a can of whole berry cranberry sauce, or you can use your favorite recipe for homemade cranberry sauce.
- pecan halves - roughly chop your pecans so that they'll spread more evenly, but not too small that you don't get that crunchy texture!
- chopped rosemary - this is a great touch to balance out the sweetness in the cranberry sauce and add an interesting dimension to the flavors in this brie and cranberry puff pastry tart.
- egg wash - brushing the edges with an egg beaten with a little water will help the puff pastry to brown and get that shiny, flaky finish.
- honey - this is the final touch! Drizzle honey on just before serving to add some rich sweetness and make this puff pastry tart irresistible!
This brie and cranberry tart is a pretty simple recipe -- you'll just need a rolling pin to flatten the tart a bit and a lined baking sheet to bake your puff pastry tart!
Tips and F.A.Q.
You can, if you're using an uncooked filling or a filling that only needs a short time in the oven. For this brie and cranberry tart we're not cooking our puff pastry ahead of time because it will crisp up in the same time that the brie and cranberry filling is getting all melty and delicious!
For this recipe, since our filling has minimal liquid, you won't have to worry about that as much! But still, don't skip the step of brushing the puff pastry with egg wash prior to adding your filling ingredients. The egg wash acts as a barrier and prevents any liquid from the cranberry sauce from getting the pastry soggy. Also, be sure that your oven is the correct temperature by checking it with an oven thermometer -- many ovens run a bit cold, and that can prevent a nice crisp and flaky puff pastry crust.
This puff pastry tart is best served warm and fresh from the oven, but you can also let it cool completely and store, refrigerated, in an airtight container. It can be crisped up in the oven or toaster oven, or served cold.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Cranberry Recipes You'll Love!
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- Roll out pastry to a 10x15 inch rectangle. Fold in edges of pastry ½ inch to form a border and crimp edges if you like. and pierce all over the inner part of the puff pastry with a fork. Brush all over inner portion and outside edge of puff pastry with egg wash.1 sheet puff pastry, 1 large egg
- Place sliced brie in a single layer onto pastry. Dot evenly with dollops of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, followed by chopped rosemary.8 oz brie cheese, ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce, ½ cup pecan halves, 2 teaspoon rosemary
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 min. Drizzle with honey and serve warm.2 tablespoon honey
PIN this brie and cranberry tart recipe for later!