*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on November 28, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
This holiday season, I’m all about keeping it low-stress and low key! That’s why, in addition to sharing my Stress-Free 2020 Holiday Planning Guide, I’m focusing on quick and easy recipes that can make your lives easier from now through New Year’s Day! Speaking of easy, this brie and cranberry tart comes together SO easily and it’s a perfect appetizer or snack this season for your low-key gatherings, family dinners, or just as a snack for yourself for Netflix night! Let’s get into how to make this brie and cranberry puff pastry tart!
Quick and easy!
I love to have easy appetizers available on holidays, whether it’s a quick cheese board, a savory snack mix, or a crudité platter. But this brie and cranberry tart is next level. It’s just as easy as any veggie or cheese tray, but so much more irresistible! Plus, it looks so elegant on your cocktail table, it’s certain to impress your guests! But what will really impress them is the taste!
This easy brie and cranberry tart is made with a few quick shortcuts to make it super simple. First, we’re using store-bought puff pastry to form the base of our puff pastry tart. Then, we’re adding brie, pecans, and canned whole berry cranberry sauce. It adds that tart festive sweetness, but takes no extra time! Finally, we’ll top it with some rosemary and it’s ready to bake! Drizzle the baked tart with some honey and you’ve got a quick, impressive appetizer that came together in just a few minutes!
- puff pastry – I always use Pepperidge Farm puff pastry for a puff pastry tart, but you can grab any frozen puff pastry you like. It should be fully thawed before you start.
- brie cheese – You can use any variety of brie you like, or whatever’s available. I tend to use a wheel of brie and just slice it into rectangles.
- whole berry cranberry sauce – to save time, you can grab a can of whole berry cranberry sauce, or you can use your favorite recipe for homemade cranberry sauce.
- pecan halves – roughly chop your pecans so that they’ll spread more evenly, but not too small that you don’t get that crunchy texture!
- chopped rosemary – this is a great touch to balance out the sweetness in the cranberry sauce and add an interesting dimension to the flavors in this brie and cranberry tart.
- egg wash – brushing the edges with an egg beaten with a little water will help the puff pastry to brown and get that shiny, flaky finish.
- honey – this is the final touch! Drizzle honey on just before serving to add some rich sweetness and make this brie and cranberry tart irresistible!
This brie and cranberry tart is a pretty simple recipe — you’ll just need a rolling pin to flatten the tart a bit and a lined baking sheet to bake your puff pastry tart!
If you love this brie and cranberry tart recipe, I’ve got a few more easy appetizer and snack recipes for you to check out! Try my Black Olive Parmesan Focaccia — it’s made in a cast-iron skillet so it bakes up to crispy perfection in just about an hour!
Another recipe that uses puff pastry like this brie and cranberry tart is my Peach Turnovers recipe. It’s a simple peach pie filling wrapped up in flaky puff pastry and sprinkled with crunchy turbinado sugar. They’re so easy and SO irresistible!
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- Roll out pastry to a 10×15 inch rectangle. Fold in edges of pastry ½ inch to form a border and crimp edges if you like. and pierce all over the inner part of the puff pastry with a fork. Brush all over inner portion and outside edge of puff pastry with egg wash.
- Place sliced brie in a single layer onto pastry. Dot evenly with dollops of cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, followed by chopped rosemary.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 min. Drizzle with honey and serve warm.
PIN this brie and cranberry puff pastry tart recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, SUBSCRIBE BELOW for all my latest updates! PLUS, when you subscribe you’ll get FREE access to Baking Basics: 2020 Holiday Planning Guide!