This air fryer naan pizza is a great way to make a homemade mini pizza in the air fryer! Delicious air fryer pizza is as easy as heating naan in the air fryer and adding your toppings!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Air Fryer Naan Pizza Recipe
If you're like me, and you love picking up a pack of naan from the supermarket bakery section, you're already halfway to enjoying this homemade mini pizza in the air fryer! I've been making this air fryer pizza recipe for myself for months now, and I figured it was something I should definitely share! It's perfect for a quick snack, or pair it with a salad to make a meal!
Can you use air fryer for pizza?
Absolutely you can! I especially love using my air fryer to make pizza for myself so that I don't have to heat up the whole oven to do it! It's so much quicker and simpler, and an air fryer pizza with premade crust like storebought naan is even easier!
Homemade Mini Pizza in Air Fryer
We're making this pizza personal-sized, with mini naan breads. These are typically found in in the bakery section or bread aisle of your supermarket. I've also seen them at Target and Aldi, and on Amazon Fresh. If you like, and you have space in your air fryer, you can also make this recipe the same way with regular-sized naan bread!
Air Fryer Pizza Ingredients
- naan - either mini sized, or regular-sized naan bread (if your air fryer is large enough).
- pizza sauce - you can use any sauce you like -- I typically brush mine with a little roasted garlic olive oil.
- mozzarella cheese - or an Italian cheese blend. I like to go for a Margherita-style pizza with sliced fresh mozzarella, but shredded mozzarella, provolone, or a mixture of your favorite cheeses works great!
- toppings - this is the best part! You can use whatever toppings you like! I continued the Margherita pizza theme with sliced tomatoes, basil, cracked pepper, and a little grated parmesan cheese. I've also made this pizza with green pepper and mushrooms, or with pepperoni!
Mini Pizza Air Fryer Time
This air fryer naan pizza comes together in just a few minutes! But its cook time can definitely vary depending on your air fryer whether you're heating naan in the air fryer first to crisp the crust. In my experience, you can make this air fryer pizza with premade crust in under 10 minutes, start to finish!
Air Fryer Naan Pizza Variations and Topping Ideas
For my mini naan air fryer pizza, I went for a Margherita-style pizza with fresh mozzarella and sliced tomatoes, and topped it with fresh basil once it was out of the air fryer. But you can go with any toppings you like, which is perfect for these personal-sized mini pizzas! Everyone can pick their own toppings!
I like this pizza with pesto sauce, mozzarella and mushrooms, or the classic combination of sausage and green peppers. Or make an air fryer pepperoni pizza, guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser! You can also try a white pizza with Alfredo sauce, a mixture of cheeses, and fresh cracked pepper. Either way, you can't go wrong!
And if you want to try out pizza in your slow cooker, try this Crock Pot Pizza recipe!
Tips and F.A.Q.
They're very similar actually! They're both yeasted dough made from flour, yeast, and salt. But while pizza dough is made with water, naan is made with milk or yogurt. Which means that it's a richer, softer texture and arguably even more delicious!
Absolutely! Whether it's for this air fryer naan pizza or just to accompany a meal, I find that the air fryer produces delicious naan that is crispy on the edges and fluffy on the inside!
So how long do you air fry a personal pizza? Well for this personal-sized air fryer pizza recipe, you'll want to cook it for 5-7 minutes depending on your toppings.
Yes you can, but you actually don't need foil to make a homemade mini pizza in air fryer! This air fryer naan pizza will cook straight in the basket or on the rack of your air fryer.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- 4 pieces mini naan - or one regular-sized naan, if your air fryer can accommodate it
- ¼ cup pizza sauce of your choice - I used garlic-infused olive oil
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese - or shredded cheese blend of your choice
- toppings of your choice - veggies, pepperoni, sausage, etc.
- Place naan in single layer in the basket or on the rack of your air fryer. Work in batches if necessary.4 pieces mini naan
- Air fry at 370°F for 2 minutes or until slightly crispy on the edges. Remove from air fryer carefully.
- Spread pizza sauce onto naan pieces, followed by cheese and toppings of your choice. Return to air fryer.
- Air fry at 370°F for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted naan are browned and crispy.
Pin this air fryer naan pizza for later!
Last Updated on April 4, 2023 by Chenée Lewis