The best Pumpkin Spice Espresso Martini recipe, made with homemade pumpkin spice syrup! This cozy fall espresso martini recipe uses Kahlua, vodka, and pumpkin spice simple syrup, and there's an option to make a Baileys pumpkin spice espresso martini with Bailey's Irish Cream!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Espresso Martini Recipe
This easy Pumpkin Spice Espresso Martini recipe is one of my new favorite cocktails for the best time of year! It's a dreamy blend of autumnal flavors and a jolt of caffeine, all wrapped up in a sophisticated cocktail. Imagine sipping on a rich, velvety mix of espresso and vodka, with a hint of pumpkin spice that's just perfect for the fall season. It's like a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte martini!
The recipe is a breeze too! Just shake up some pumpkin spice syrup, espresso, vodka, and coffee liqueur, strain it into a chilled martini glass, and voila! You've got yourself a festive, energizing treat that's a perfect happy hour drink for a cozy night in. It's also the perfect drink for your halloween parties during spooky season!
What flavors can you add to an espresso martini?
Anything you like! Other than the homemade Starbucks-copycat pumpkin spice sauce that we're using in this martini, one of my favorites is my Peppermint Espresso Martini! It's perfect for the holidays! Or you can use flavored vodkas, flavored Kahlua or Bailey's, or add your own flavor extracts! A caramel espresso martini would be delicious!
Do espresso martinis wake you up?
Yes, espresso martinis can provide a caffeine boost due to the espresso in them. However, it's important to remember that they also contain alcohol, which is a depressant. So while you might initially feel more alert from the caffeine, the alcohol can still have relaxing or sedative effects. It's a bit of a mixed bag, so it's best to enjoy this classic cocktail responsibly and not rely on them as a source of energy.
Since this is such a simple recipe, you'll only need a few simple ingredients!
- vodka - your favorite vodka would work great in this recipe, or you could even try vanilla vodka for an even richer fall flavor!
- coffee liqueur - provides a richer coffee flavor for any coffee martini recipe! I used Kahlua.
- freshly brewed espresso - I recommend using fresh espresso brewed in an espresso maker -- just be sure to let it cool to room temperature before you get started. You can place it in the fridge or freezer to speed up the chilling process.
- pumpkin spice syrup - we'll use my homemade Starbucks Pumpkin Sauce for this cocktail! It's so easy to make and you can use it for so many fall goodies! You can also use a store-bought pumpkin syrup as well.
- pumpkin pie spice and whipped cream - a traditional espresso martini is topped with three coffee beans, but I love adding a decadent whipped cream topping with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice! Or you can garnish yours with caramel, maple syrup, cinnamon sticks, or any toppings you like!
See recipe card for quantities.
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
For this espresso martini recipe, we're using my Starbucks Pumpkin Sauce! It's a pumpkin spice simple syrup made the way Starbucks makes it, with real pumpkin puree and condensed milk! It adds a rich and creamy texture and perfectly spiced pumpkin flavor, and makes this truly the BEST pumpkin spice espresso martini recipe!
Once you have your martini glasses, in order to get that frothy top, you'll want to use an espresso machine to brew your espresso. I used my Nespresso mini espresso maker!
Here's how to make this quick espresso martini recipe:
Add vodka, coffee liqueur, pumpkin spice sauce, and cooled espresso to a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake very well to help the mixture foam up.
Pour into your chilled martini glass, shaking the shaker a bit to get all of the foam out.
Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice, if you like.
Hint: pop your glasses in the freezer for about 15 minutes before preparing your pumpkin spice espresso martini recipe for an added chilled effect..
Baileys Pumpkin Spice Espresso Martini
If you've had my Creamy Espresso Martini with Baileys, you know I love a bit of Bailey's Irish cream in a cocktail! You can do the same with this pumpkin espresso martini!
Just substitute 1 ½ ounces of Bailey's Pumpkin Spice for the pumpkin sauce and the Kahlua, and you're all set!
Be sure to shake your martini vigorously to combine the flavors and create that foamy top!
Frequently Asked Questions
A classic espresso martini recipe has a strong, slightly sweet coffee flavor that is cut with the sharpness of the vodka. This pumpkin spice espresso martini adds a creamy pumpkin flavor and warm fall spices that make it irresistible!
If you're not a fan of vodka, the coffee and pumpkin flavors in this fall cocktail would be wonderful with a dark rum or a bourbon. You could even try it with an aged tequila or mezcal for an unexpected flavor profile!
Looking for other recipes like this martini? Try these:
Nothing like a sweet treat this time of the year! These are my favorite dishes to serve with this pumpkin espresso martini:
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
Equipment you may need
- cocktail shaker
- martini glass
- Add ice, vodka, coffee liqueur, espresso, and pumpkin sauce to cocktail shaker.1 cup ice, 2 oz vodka, ½ oz coffee liqueur, 1 oz freshly brewed espresso, 1 oz pumpkin sauce
- Shake vigorously at least 10-15 seconds or until frothy. Pour into chilled cocktail glass, shaking the shaker a bit to let out all of the foam.
- Add whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, if you like. Serve immediately.whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice