*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on June 10, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
I recently discovered no-churn ice cream, and let me tell you, it’s a game changer! If you haven’t tried it, it’s a method of making ice cream that only uses a few ingredients and does not require an ice cream maker. That’s right — you don’t need an ice cream maker! You only need a hand mixer or a stand mixer to whip it up, and then just freeze it and you’re done! So when I had some blackberry filling left over from my blackberry lemon sweet rolls, I jumped at the chance to try the no-churn method out. And guys — this blackberry cheesecake ice cream is to die for!
This no-churn ice cream recipe features a blackberry cheesecake base swirled with a Biscoff® cookie crust. Biscoff cookies, originating in 1932 in Belgium and made by Lotus Bakeries, are a portmanteau of “biscuit” and “coffee.” They’re a type of European cookie called speculoos, and they are, in my opinion, far superior to graham crackers for pie crust. They’re more flavorful — the flavor is like a more spicy, more buttery graham cracker, and the texture is more crispy and light. When I was younger, my father worked for Continental Airlines and would bring bags of Biscoff cookies home from his flights. The unforgettable flavor just stuck with me.
I use them for pie crusts, dessert bars, and now in this amazing blackberry cheesecake ice cream! It’s so good, and the cookies really make it even better.
This homemade no-churn ice cream only takes a handful of ingredients, and NO ice cream maker! You’ll be amazed how easy it is! Here’s what you’ll need:
- blackberries – these juicy berries bring a unique summery flavor to this cheesecake ice cream!
- lemon juice – to bring out the brightness of the blackberries
- corn starch – to thicken the filling.
- granulated sugar – to give the filling its sweetness.
- crumbled Biscoff® cookies – their one-of-a-kind flavor and crisp texture are a perfect balance for the cheesecake ice cream and blackberry swirl.
- melted salted butter – adds richness and buttery flavor.
- brown sugar – complements the spiced cookies wonderfully!
Cheesecake Ice Cream Base
- heavy cream – whips up to give the ice cream its fluffy texture. It should be at least 35% fat.
- cream cheese – give our ice cream that cheesecake flavor!
- sweetened condensed milk – secret ingredient for the no-churn method.
- vanilla – essential flavor boost.
- lemon zest and lemon juice – adds some brightness and brings out that cheesecake flavor
No Churn Method
Once you have all your ingredients together, you’re ready to put this ice cream together!
- Simmer your blackberry filling ingredients in a medium saucepanfor about 10 minutes until thickened. Let the mixture cool completely.
- To make your Biscoff crust swirl, just combine the crumbled cookies with the sugar and melted butter until mixed well, and set aside.
- Next, make your ice cream base! Start by beating the softened cream cheese with the lemon juice, zest, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream with a stand mixer or hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold in the cream cheese mixture gently until well combined.
- Now it’s time to assemble your ice cream! Pour half of the ice cream base into a 9/5 loaf pan. Top with half of your blackberry filling, and swirl filling into the ice cream.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 of the Biscoff mixture.
- Repeat with the second half of the ice cream base, the second half of the blackberry filling, and the second half of the biscoff crust crumbs.
- Resist the urge to dig into it right then! Cover your ice cream with plastic wrap and freeze it for at least 6 hours, but most likely overnight. You want it to be solid.
- To serve, just let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften up, and you’re ready to enjoy!
This no-churn ice cream is VERY decadent. As you can see from the ingredients list, it’s rich, creamy, and irresistible. Even though it may not be an every day dessert, it is definitely an ideal special treat for any occasion.
If you enjoy this no churn cheesecake ice cream, you’ll love my blackberry lemon sweet rolls, as I mentioned above. If you’re in the mood for a frozen treat that’s maybe a little healthier, try my 3-ingredient strawberry banana sorbet! No ice cream maker needed!
Equipment you may need
Prepare Blackberry Filling
- Combine filling ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high, and then reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Prepare Biscoff Swirl
- Crush Biscoff cookies in a gallon plastic bag with a rolling pin, or in a food processor.
- Combine with butter and brown sugar and mix well. Set aside.
Cheesecake Ice Cream Base
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, or with the whisk attachment of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in condensed milk, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice, beating until smooth after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold into cream cheese/condensed milk mixture, being sure to keep it light and fluffy.
- Spoon ½ of ice cream base into a 9×5” loaf pan. Top with ½ of the blackberry filling and swirl with a knife. Top with ½ of biscoff crust.
- Repeat two more times until all of ice cream is layered.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. Allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften slightly before serving.
Don’t lose this recipe! Pin it for later: