This pumpkin nice cream is such a delicious fall treat! If you’re looking for a healthy, vegan pumpkin ice cream, you’re in the right place! This banana pumpkin nice cream tastes just like pumpkin pie! And for more vegan fall goodies, check out my Apple Chips, my Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie, and my Instant Pot Pear Applesauce!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Pumpkin Pie Nice Cream
I love everything pumpkin spice when fall comes around! But on some fall days, it can still be a little warm outside, and it’s tough to get those good fall flavors in a refreshing treat! Problem solved: this banana pumpkin nice cream is perfectly spiced, full of pumpkin flavor, and it’s so wholesome! Vegan, gluten-free, and no refined sugars — this pumpkin spice ice cream is a treat you can feel good about!
What is Nice Cream?
Nice cream is a fruit-based ice cream alternative, usually made with frozen bananas or other fruits. It’s made by blending frozen fruit with flavors and natural sweeteners of your choice. Some recipes add a plant milk, but many just rely on the creaminess of the bananas for that “nice cream” texture!
How do you make pumpkin nice cream?
We’ll be making this recipe by blending all of our ingredients together — it’s that easy! Then, you can enjoy the nice cream as a smooth, soft-serve treat or freeze it for a firmer texture. Here’s what you’ll need:
- frozen bananas – the bananas are what give our nice cream its creamy texture. You’ll need to freeze them in advance — I keep frozen bananas in the freezer all the time, but if you are freezing them for this recipe, I recommend slicing them first to help them freeze faster.
- canned pumpkin – make sure you’re using 100% pumpkin purée, and not pumpkin pie filling.
- vanilla extract – be sure to use a high-quality pure vanilla extract. Or better yet, check out my post on how to make vanilla extract at home with just 2 ingredients!
- pumpkin pie spice – adding a touch of pumpkin pie spice complements that great pumpkin flavor and makes this vegan dessert taste just like a slice of pumpkin pie!
- maple syrup – we’ll sweeten this healthy pumpkin ice cream with maple syrup — it’s a great complement to these fall flavors and adds no refined sugars!
Pumpkin Puree Nice Cream F.A.Q.
Banana pumpkin nice cream is plant-based, dairy-free, and free of artificial ingredients or refined sugars. It’s also naturally gluten-free (double check your ingredient labels), and you can easily use organic ingredients to make it completely organic! Nutrition Disclaimer
Yes! This nice cream is delicious! It tastes just like a frozen pumpkin pie, and you can adjust the sweetness to your preference to make it even more of a decadent treat! I love that it tastes so great but has only good ingredients, and it’s so easy to make!
Because there are only nice things in this vegan pumpkin ice cream recipe! No eggs, no dairy, and no refined sugars!
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Plant-based Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Banana and Cacao
- Peach Sorbet Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Sorbet
Pumpkin Nice Cream – Healthy Pumpkin Ice Cream RecipePrint Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Equipment you may need
- Combine ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until smooth.4 medium bananas, ¾ cup canned pumpkin, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- Taste and adjust maple syrup to your preference. Serve immediately, or for a firmer, scoopable consistency, freeze for 1-3 hours before serving.
PIN this recipe for later!