*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on June 3, 2021 by Chenée Lewis
We’re fully in the midst of strawberry season, and it’s the perfect time to make this no-churn strawberry ice cream! It’s so easy, made with just 6 simple ingredients and full of the bright flavor of ripe strawberries. And best of all, you won’t need an ice cream maker for this recipe!
What does no churn ice cream mean?
No-churn ice cream is ice cream that doesn’t require an ice cream maker or ice cream machine to make! It has the same rich, creamy texture as regular ice cream, but it’s so much easier to make! It also has a bit of sweetness from sweetened condensed milk that makes it so decadent.
This no-churn strawberry ice cream gets its creamy consistency from whipped heavy cream combined with the condensed milk. This combination provides a fluffy texture that, because of the sugar content in the condensed milk, doesn’t freeze completely solid. Add in your strawberry purée and you’ve got a delicious strawberry ice cream that you’ll be making all summer long!
- strawberries – you’ll want to wash and hull about 4 to 5 cups of berries. Feel free to use frozen berries; just thaw them in advance and drain any excess liquid.
- sweetened condensed milk – I like to keep my can of condensed milk cold in preparation for making this no-churn strawberry ice cream. It helps to keep the mixture fluffy before it goes into the freezer.
- granulated sugar – we’re adding a bit of sugar to help enhance the sweetness of the strawberries. If you prefer to limit the sugar in this recipe, or if your strawberries are particularly sweet, feel free to leave this out.
- salt – a bit of salt helps to bring out the strawberry flavor!
- pure vanilla extract – vanilla is the perfect flavor complement to the strawberry flavor.
- heavy whipping cream – make sure your heavy cream is very cold before you start. That will help to get the airy, fluffy consistency we want for this no-churn strawberry ice cream!
As I mentioned, there’s no ice cream maker needed for this no churn strawberry ice cream! You’ll pretty much only need a blender or food processor to purée the strawberries, an electric mixer to whip the heavy cream, and a container in which to freeze it all up!
How do you make strawberry ice cream from scratch?
This no-churn strawberry ice cream is so easy to make! Here’s how you do it:
- First you’ll purée your strawberries, strain out the seeds, and then heat the purée to reduce the mixture and evaporate some of the liquid. Then just pop it into the freezer to cool.
- Whisk together your milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Then you’ll just mix in your strawberry purée (make sure it’s fully cool at this point). Set this mixture aside so that you can whip your heavy cream.
- Beat your heavy cream with an electric mixer until it reaches stiff peaks, then fold the strawberry mixture into the whipped cream. Make sure you don’t deflate the whipped cream too much!
- Spread it all into a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap or foil, and freeze! You’re ready to enjoy this no-churn strawberry ice cream after 4-6 hours!
Tips and F.A.Q.
Yes! It tastes amazing! And this no churn strawberry ice cream is especially good, thanks to its rich strawberry flavor! No-churn ice cream has the same rich, creamy flavor of ice cream,
This no-churn strawberry ice cream is made with reduced puréed strawberries, so the strawberry flavor is more intense and evenly distributed throughout. It balances well with vanilla extract and the sweetness of the condensed milk. It’s a delicious frozen treat, and so perfect to make at home!
You can make this no-churn strawberry ice cream vegan and dairy free by using the same amounts of sweetened condensed coconut milk and coconut cream! You’ll have slight coconut flavor, but I find that it just makes the ice cream even more delicious!
Keep your ice cream well-covered in the rear of the freezer for up to two months.
This no-churn strawberry ice cream is another example of my love for no-churn frozen treats! My first no-churn ice cream is still one of my favorites: no-churn blackberry cheesecake ice cream with a Biscoff cookie swirl! It’s SO good and so perfect for berry season!
For a lighter no-churn dessert, check out my Strawberry Banana Sorbet. It’s a super easy recipe that is always a crowd favorite! Plus it’s vegan, gluten free, and has no refined sugars!
No-Churn Strawberry Ice CreamPrint Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Equipment you may need
- plastic wrap
- Pulse strawberries in a blender until puréed. Process through a fine-mesh sieve to strain out seeds.
- Transfer strawberry purée to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer up to 10 minutes, stirring, until reduced by half.
- Transfer reduced purée into a heatproof bowl and place in freezer for 30-45 minutes to cool.
- Gently whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, sugar, and salt until smooth. Whisk in cooled strawberry purée and set aside.
- Beat heavy whipping cream with a stand mixer, hand mixer, or whisk until stiff peaks form, about 2-5 minutes.
- Gently fold strawberry-condensed milk mixture into whipped cream and stir until combined, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream.
- Pour into a 9×5 loaf pan or other freezer-safe container. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, allow to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften.
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, click the banner above to order my brand-new summer cookbook, Sweet Summertime! It’s got 22 exclusive summer-friendly recipes and it’s full of baking tips and guides for perfect results!
And sign up below for all my blog recipes and updates right in your inbox, and to get your FREE PRINTABLE Kitchen and Baking Cheat Sheet!