This no churn key lime pie ice cream recipe is a summer go-to for sure! You've got to try this key lime pie ice cream recipe - no eggs and no ice cream maker needed! It's a creamy tart key lime ice cream with condensed milk that I know you'll love just as much as I do!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
No Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Recipe
Key lime pie is one of my favorite desserts -- the flavors of citrus with condensed milk, and especially that buttery graham cracker crust -- it's just irresistible! So when I realized I had the ingredients to make a no-churn ice cream version, I had to give it a shot!
So I'm sharing this no-churn key lime pie ice cream recipe with you all so that until you're able to have the real thing, you can enjoy all the key lime goodness this summer!
Where can I buy key lime pie ice cream?
My favorite key lime pie ice cream is sold at Mitchell's Ice Cream in Cleveland (my hometown)! It's just the best ice cream. I don't know what else to tell you.
If you're lucky enough to find yourself in Cleveland, I highly recommend picking some up, and if you do, my favorite is the key lime pie flavor. It's truly key lime pie in ice cream form, and that's the flavor I set out to recreate with this homemade no-churn key lime pie ice cream!
Ever wanted to make delicious homemade ice cream but didn't have an ice cream maker? Never fear! With this key lime ice cream recipe you'll only need an electric mixer!
I've made no-churn ice cream before -- my no-churn blackberry cheesecake ice cream uses a similar method, but because of the cream cheese in the mix it end up even richer! This no-churn key lime pie ice cream recipe is very simple and calls for the standard no-churn ice cream base: one 14-oz. can of sweetened condensed milk, and 2 cups of heavy cream.
This no-churn recipe makes a very creamy ice cream, and it's a deliciously easy treat when you don't have an ice cream machine, and it's a perfect summertime project with the kids!
Because this is such a simple no churn recipe, you won't need any egg yolks to achieve its creamy texture! Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- zest and juice of 3 limes - this is the main source of that tart lime flavor! To be truly traditional, you should use key lime juice and key lime zest, but if you can't find key limes at the grocery store, feel free to use regular limes.
- sweetened condensed milk - this, along with the heavy cream, forms the base of no-churn ice cream. But if you've ever made key lime pie, you know that this is also a crucial element of the flavor and texture of that pie!
- heavy whipping cream - whips up so light and fluffy to give the ice cream its texture and creaminess.
- graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar - together, they make our graham cracker crust -- my favorite part of a key lime pie! Here, they're layered between the ice cream base as a graham cracker swirl, giving you a little of that buttery crust in every bite!
Step by Step
This is such an easy no churn ice cream recipe! All you need is a stand mixer, a hand mixer, or even a whisk to whip up the cream, and then fold in the rest of your ingredients. Check out the recipe card below for detailed instructions, but here's how you do it:
- Combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and brown sugar in a bowl and stir well to get it all well saturated with butter. Yum!
- In another bowl, stir together your lime juice, zest, and sweetened condensed milk until it's all smooth.
- In a third large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat your whipped cream for a few minutes to get those stiff peaks. Fold in the condensed milk mixture gently.
- Layer the ice cream base with the graham cracker crumb mixture in a container or loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze!
This is an incredible summer dessert -- the perfect combination of those tart, citrusy flavors balanced by the rich, creamy base and the buttery crust swirl. And it's a great recipe to make with the family! You'll turn to it over and over again on a hot summer day!
If you like this no-churn key lime pie ice cream recipe, you'll definitely enjoy my Peanut Buster Parfait Ice Cream Pie! It's another summer classic you'll love!
You should also try my strawberry banana sorbet for another easy summertime frozen treat! It takes just a minute or two to mix up and then it solidifies in the freezer. The best part? It's free of refined sugars, paleo-friendly, and packed with healthy fruit.
Or for all the key lime pie lovers like me, you'll love my key lime pound cake, full of the flavors of key lime pie in a pound cake! You can also make my family recipe for lemon icebox pie, which is a lot like a key lime pie, but with all that lemony goodness. You'll love it!
Equipment you may need
Graham Cracker Crust Swirl
Ice Cream Base
- zest of 3 limes - about 2 tbsp; see note**
- juice of 3 limes - about ⅓ cup; see note**
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream - (one pint)
- Combine graham cracker crust swirl ingredients and stir to coat the crumbs well with the butter and sugar. Set aside.
- Gently whisk together sweetened condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice until smooth. Set aside.
- Beat heavy whipping cream with a stand mixer, hand mixer, or whisk until stiff peaks form, about 2-5 minutes.
- Gently fold condensed milk mixture into whipped cream and stir until combined, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream. This is your ice cream base.
- Spoon one-third of ice cream base into the bottom of a 9x5" loaf pan. Sprinkle one-third of graham cracker crumb mixture on top. Repeat two more times until you have three layers of both ice cream base and graham cracker crust swirl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, allow to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften.
PIN this recipe for later!
Last Updated on August 11, 2023 by Chenée Lewis