2-Minute Anti-Aging Green Smoothie
*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*.
It’s true what they say — age ain’t nothin but a number! You’re only as young as you feel! But I just celebrated my 37th birthday, and I’ll admit I want to keep my youthful glow for as long as I can! And the good news is that there are definitely ways to look and feel your best, at any age, and this 2-minute anti-aging, beautifying green smoothie is one of them!
Skin care products are a 141 billion-dollar industry! And although I am not one to tell you to stop buying skin care products, there are so many ways to improve your skin, your hair, and your overall energy level without dropping hundreds on creams and serums.
This delicious, satisfying smoothie comes together in just 2 minutes, and will keep you full for hours! It’s perfect as a replacement for any meal of the day, or as a snack between meals.
This smoothie is FULL of ingredients that are not only great for your overall health, nutrition, and preventing inflammation and disease, but also they’ve been shown to give excellent beauty results and help you feel younger! In this quick and easy smoothie, you’ll get:
- kale – you know kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. But what you may not know is that the Vitamin C in kale helps produce collagen to fight wrinkles and protects your skin from sun damage.
- mango – a great source of vitamin C for skin elasticity and vitamin A for healthy hair.
- pineapple – contains a group of digestive enzymes called bromelain, which aid in digestion, fight inflammation, improve immune health, and speed up recovery after a workout.
- unfiltered apple cider vinegar – studies show that ACV can help with regulating blood sugar and weight loss.
- flaxseeds – thanks to their high amount of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants, flaxseeds give your skin and hair a glow and speed up your body’s healing process. That’s in addition to decreasing your risk of heart disease and cancer!
- collagen peptides – a great source of protein (specifically collagen), collagen peptides improve skin, hair, and nail health, and support strong joints. And if you’re like me and your knees aren’t what they used to be, that’s a game changer!
Using Frozen Produce
The key to making this glowing green smoothie recipe come together so quickly is in the kale and the fruit. In this recipe, you’ll use frozen kale, mangoes, and pineapples to give your smoothie that thick icy consistency. But using frozen produce is also incredibly quick and convenient!
Freeze your bagged kale
This is a crucial step. First, I would recommend buying bags of chopped, pre-washed kale in the produce section of any supermarket. Then you can literally throw the bag into the freezer as soon as you get home. That way there’s no worry about the kale going bad after a few days. Plus it’s perfect for your nice, cold smoothie. But if you can’t find pre-washed kale, you can grab a bunch of kale and wash and chop it yourself, and then toss them in a freezer bag and freeze them until you’re ready to make your smoothies.
Buy frozen fruit
The pineapple and mango chunks in this smoothie come bagged and frozen from the supermarket. This is another time-saving trick: There’s no need to worry about catching the fruit at perfect ripeness, and no hassle of peeling, chopping, and freezing the fruit. Just grab a bag of each and you’re done!
Again, if you’re unable to find frozen pineapple and mango chunks, you can chop and freeze some fresh fruit for later smoothies (we want the actual smoothie prep to be as quick as possible) or you can swap them out for a different frozen fruit. I chose pineapples and mangos because I love the tropical flavors in this smoothie and they have a good balance of sweetness and tartness that I love! It makes the smoothie taste SO good and balances out any bitterness from the kale. But feel free to use any frozen fruit you love!
Step by Step
Really, there are no step-by-step instructions necessary for this pineapple mango kale smoothie! Just toss everything into your blender. One piece of advice, though, is to layer your kale closest to the chopping blades of your blender. This will ensure that the kale is completely broken up and make your smoothie perfectly smooth and creamy!
You will LOVE this anti-aging glowing green smoothie recipe! It will have you looking and feeling younger, and best of all it only takes a couple of minutes to throw together — perfect for your busy mornings!
If you enjoy this glowing green smoothie recipe, you’ll love my Strawberry-Banana Sorbet. It’s another light, delicious blender recipe with NO dairy, NO added sugar, and NO ice cream maker required! Or you can try my Lemon-Pistachio White Bean Dip for another light, super quick and easy snack. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
- 1 cup chopped kale – frozen (the fresh bagged kind from the produce section, brought home and tossed in the freezer), tightly packed
- 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks – from the frozen section
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks – from the frozen section
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar – unfiltered, with "the mother"
- 20 g collagen peptides – 2 scoops
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup water or almond milk – plus more if needed
- Add all ingredients to blender, keeping kale closest to cutting blades and being sure not to go over your blender cup's liquid fill line.
- Blend until kale is fully puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Divide into two glasses and serve!
PIN this recipe for later!