3 ingredient almond flour peanut butter cookies - vegan and gluten free! Maple syrup, almond flour, and peanut butter are all you'll need for these healthy almond flour peanut butter cookies -- keto option included! They're the best, and so easy to make!
For more vegan treats, try my Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake, my Vegan Olive Oil Cake with Lemon and Pistachio, or my Pumpkin Banana Muffins!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
3 Ingredient Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies blew me away! I knew that it was definitely possible to for a vegan, gluten free cookie without refined sugars to taste great, but I'm so impressed that these are so good with just three ingredients! These cookies come together like a shortbread, like my Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies, but with a bit more softness. And they're even easier -- just stir together the three ingredients and they're ready to bake!
Can I substitute almond flour in peanut butter cookies?
You definitely can with this 3 ingredient almond flour peanut butter cookies recipe! Almond flour adds a bit of texture that you wouldn't find with wheat flour, which makes them even better! Best of all, subbing in almond flour makes these cookies gluten free!
Are cookies made with almond flour better for you?
It definitely depends on your nutritional goals, but in general, almond flour is a great source of Vitamin E and magnesium, it's naturally gluten free, and keto-friendly! For another vegan and gluten free cookie recipe, try my Almond Lemon Cookies!
Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies - Keto Version
You can make these almond flour peanut butter cookies keto friendly by simply swapping out the maple syrup for keto maple syrup! It's that simple, and SO delicious!
What happens if you use almond flour in cookies?
Almond flour gives these cookies a bit more texture and richness. It also makes a denser dough, so they aren't as light and fluffy as typical peanut butter cookies. They're more like shortbread cookies, with the nutty texture of almond flour. SO good!
- almond flour - The base for these 3 ingredient cookies is almond flour! I recommend a superfine almond flour for the best texture.
- peanut butter - regular creamy peanut butter works best for these cookies, but you can also use a no-stir natural creamy peanut butter if you prefer.
- maple syrup - you can either use maple syrup or honey for this recipe -- maple syrup is vegan-friendly. I love these cookies with either one! Or you can use a keto maple syrup to make these cookies keto-friendly!
You'll need some standard cookie tools, like a cookie scoop, parchment paper or a silicone baking liner, and a sheet pan. There's no need for an electric mixer for this recipe, but I would recommend a wooden spoon to help bring the dough together.
Tips and F.A.Q.
Almond flour can get a rise to it, if there are leaveners added like baking powder, baking soda or eggs. In these peanut butter cookies, the dough doesn't rise because the ingredients doesn't include any leaveners. They're designed to be super simple to make and to have a more dense, shortbread-like texture.
Typical peanut butter cookies are pretty high in fat, sugar, and other less-than-healthy ingredients. Which is not to say that they're not delicious in moderation! But these peanut butter cookies with almond flour and honey are so wholesome -- just a few natural ingredients, and they're vegan and gluten free!
It does, but for the better! The slightly grainy texture adds a chewy quality to these cookies that is so good! They're the perfect gluten free cookie!
You may have added a bit too much almond flour when measuring and mixing your dough. To fix this, you can add a small amount of extra peanut butter to help the dough come together.
Check out my Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Banana and Cacao for a wholesome treat, and for even more, take a look at my list of the 30+ best gluten free and dairy free cookies!
More Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with Banana and Cacao
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies
- Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
- 19 Best Cookies for Cookie Exchange Swaps This Year
Equipment you may need
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup - or honey - non-vegan option
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.2 cups almond flour, ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, ¼ cup maple syrup
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop portions and roll them with your hands into dough balls. Place on a lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork to gently press down on each dough ball and create a crisscross pattern. Keep the fork from sticking by dipping it in water after you press each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
PIN these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies for later!
Last Updated on May 23, 2023 by Chenée Lewis
You can't go wrong with a great tasting cookie. The ingredients are simple and the taste is amazing! Great for the kids and afternoon snack.