*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on October 21, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
Have you had enough apple recipes so far this year? If you love apples like I do, you’ll LOVE this recipe! These crispy apple chips are an amazingly easy, sweet treat that can be a healthy snack all year long! You might have had store-bought apples chips before, but now you’re going to learn to make apple chips yourself, right at home in your oven!
This apple chips recipe is so simple — it’s only 3 ingredients — and it has NO added sugar! Baking apple chips in the oven works great for a light, healthy dessert, a fun afternoon snack, or even part of a healthy breakfast! You won’t need any special equipment to bake them (although I do recommend a food slicer or mandoline to slice the apples). They’re such an easy treat and only require ONE apple — if you’re looking for a fun, healthy, plant-based snack, you’ll love these apples chips! Give them a try!
This apple chips recipe only requires three ingredients, and NO added sugar:
- apple – I used Fuji apples in this recipe, but you’re free to try any apple you like! Sweet apples like red delicious, or tart apples like McIntosh, or great baking apples like HoneyCrisp or Gala.
- cooking spray – Any vegetable oil cooking spray is great!
- cinnamon – you can also also use apple pie spice. The idea is to give your apples a little fun spice without adding sugar!
The main tool I’d recommend for these apples chips is a mandoline slicer — I used this one, which I love because it has lots of different blades and comes with a safety glove! Here are a few other tools you might like:
If you’re looking for another healthy, vegan way to use your fresh fall fruit, try my Instant Pot Pear Applesauce. It’s so easy to make in the pressure cooker OR slow cooker, and it combines the fall goodness of apples, pears, fall spices, and vanilla, with NO added sugar!
But if you’re in the mood for a more decadent apple dessert, you can’t go wrong with my Deep Dish Caramel Apple Pie. It’s an instant fall and holiday classic, perfect for your family table! It’s packed high with richly spiced apples in my flaky all-butter pie crust. Guaranteed to be a new holiday tradition!
- Preheat oven to 230°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Slice apple through the center using a mandoline slicer on 2 mm setting. If you're slicing it by hand, slice as thinly as you can.
- Evenly lay apple slices in a single layer on lined baking sheet and spray on both sides with cooking spray. Sprinkle slices with cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until apples are lightly goldlen and edges of slices are curled(thicker slices will rquire more time). Flip slices halfway through baking.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack or on paper towels. Apple chips should crisp up after a few minutes. Serve immediately after cooling, or store in an airtight container.
PIN this baked apple chips recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, SUBSCRIBE BELOW for all my latest updates! PLUS, when you subscribe you’ll get FREE access to CREEP IT REAL: Tips for a Socially Distanced and SPOOKTacular Halloween in 2020!
PLUS, click here to take my 2020 reader survey and be entered to win a Wilton 3-Tier Collapsible Cooling Rack!!