*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on October 12, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
This is a quick, healthy recipe that you can enjoy in the fall or all year long! Applesauce with no sugar added is one of my favorite easy, healthy treats, and this instant pot pear applesauce recipe is even better! Fresh pears add a unique and unforgettable flavor, and cinnamon and spices complement those flavors so well! And because it’s primarily fruit and you don’t need any added sugars or sweeteners, this is a vegan, gluten-free, and diabetic-friendly recipe!
The best part about this instant pot pear applesauce is that it’s so easy! This is a 5-ingredient recipe that pretty much makes itself! You just toss in your apples and pears, sprinkle in some spices, lemon, and vanilla, and turn on your pressure cooker! And once it’s done, just a few minutes later, you’ll just mash it with a potato masher or purée with an immersion blender, depending on how chunky you like it. Making pear applesauce in the instant pot is that easy!
- apples – You can use any firm sweet/tart apple for this pear applesauce recipe, like HoneyCrisp, Fuji, Gala, or Golden Delicious.
- pears – I used Bartlett pears for this instant pot pear applesauce. You’ll want pears that are ripe, but not mushy.
- apple pie spice – you can also just use cinnamon, or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger, and cloves — have fun with it!
- fresh lemon juice – lemon juice helps to give the pear applesauce
- pure vanilla extract – if you’re looking to keep this recipe gluten free, check your vanilla extract label to make sure it’s gluten free (most are).
- (optional) honey or maple syrup – I don’t add any sweetener to my applesauce, but if you feel like yours needs a little extra sweetness once it’s cooked and puréed, feel free to stir in a little maple syrup or honey.
You’ll need an Instant Pot, or another electric pressure cooker of your choice, for this Instant Pot applesauce recipe. I’ll also have instructions below to make this in the slow cooker, so if you’ve got one of those you’re ready to go! You’ll also want to grab a potato masher or immersion blender to mash up your pear applesauce when it’s done cooking.
This instant pot pear applesauce recipe is a surefire hit! If you’re looking for another easy treat that your family will love, you should definitely check out my 5-Ingredient No-Churn Cinnamon Peach Sorbet! It uses frozen peaches and either honey or agave syrup for an easy, vegan frozen treat with no refined sugar! And you DON’T need an ice cream maker!
Or for another easy snack that’s also vegan and gluten free, my Cinnamon Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn is perfect! It’s ready in 10 minutes and has all those sweet and salty flavors you’ll love.
Instant Pot Pear ApplesaucePrint Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Equipment you may need
- pressure cooker
- slow cooker
- potato masher
- 6 pears
- 4 apples
- ½ tsp cinnamon apple pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in instant pot and secure lid.
- Set to cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When timer beeps, leave the venting knob at the "sealing" setting and allow pressure to release naturally. When the pressurevalve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Use an immersion blender (hand blender) or potato masher to mash apples and pears to desired consistency. Allow to cool slightly. Serve pear applesauce warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, click the banner above to order my brand-new summer cookbook, Sweet Summertime! It’s got 22 exclusive summer-friendly recipes and it’s full of baking tips and guides for perfect results!
And sign up below for all my blog recipes and updates right in your inbox, and to get your FREE PRINTABLE Kitchen and Baking Cheat Sheet!