This Instant Pot Pear Applesauce is a super easy autumn treat! If you love a homemade applesauce recipe but also love recipes with pears, this instant pot pear sauce is for you! Including tips on how long to pressure cook pears for the best results! And if you love this pear applesauce, you have to try my Apple Chips, my Apple Cider Donut Cake, and my Pumpkin Blondies with Apple Cider Glaze!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Instant Pot Pear Applesauce Recipe
This is a quick, healthy recipe that you can enjoy in the fall or all year long! Applesauce with no sugar added is one of my favorite easy, healthy treats, and this instant pot pear sauce recipe is even better! Fresh pears add a unique and unforgettable flavor, and cinnamon and spices complement those flavors so well! And because it's primarily fruit and you don't need any added sugars or sweeteners, this is a vegan, gluten-free, and diabetic-friendly recipe!
The Best Pear Sauce
The best part about this instant pot pear applesauce is that it's so easy! This is a 5-ingredient recipe that pretty much makes itself! You just toss in your apples and pears, sprinkle in some spices, lemon, and vanilla, and turn on your pressure cooker! And once it's done, just a few minutes later, you'll just mash it with a potato masher or purée with an immersion blender, depending on how chunky you like it. Making pear applesauce in the instant pot is that easy!
- apples - You can use any firm sweet/tart apple for this pear applesauce recipe, like HoneyCrisp, Fuji, Gala, or Golden Delicious.
- pears - I used Bartlett pears for this instant pot pear sauce. You'll want pears that are ripe, but not mushy.
- apple pie spice - you can also just use cinnamon, or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger, and cloves -- have fun with it!
- fresh lemon juice - lemon juice helps to give the pear applesauce a nice tart flavor.
- pure vanilla extract - if you're looking to keep this recipe gluten free, check your vanilla extract label to make sure it's gluten free (most are).
- (optional) honey or maple syrup - I don't add any sweetener to my applesauce, but if you feel like yours needs a little extra sweetness once it's cooked and puréed, feel free to stir in a little maple syrup or honey.
You'll need an Instant Pot, or another electric pressure cooker of your choice, for this Instant Pot applesauce recipe. I'll also have instructions below to make this in the slow cooker, so if you've got one of those you're ready to go! You'll also want to grab a potato masher or immersion blender to mash up your pear applesauce when it's done cooking.
More Instant Pot Recipes You'll Love
Equipment you may need
- pressure cooker
- slow cooker
- potato masher
- 6 pears
- 4 apples
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) apple pie spice - or pumpkin pie spice, or just cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) water
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in instant pot and secure lid.6 pears, 4 apples, ½ teaspoon apple pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoon water, 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Set to cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When timer beeps, leave the venting knob at the "sealing" setting and allow pressure to release naturally. When the pressurevalve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Use an immersion blender (hand blender) or potato masher to mash apples and pears to desired consistency. Allow to cool slightly. Serve pear applesauce warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Last Updated on August 10, 2022 by Chenée Lewis