The best frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer! Healthy air fryer sweet potato fries - no oil needed for this deliciously easy snack! Plus, I include an easy sweet and tangy dipping sauce to go with them -- the perfect side dish for any meal or snack for game days! And if you love these bag sweet potato fries in air fryer, check out my other easy air fryer recipes: Air Fryer Pizza Rolls, my Air Fryer Naan Pizza, and my Air Fryer Hash Browns!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Alexia Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
That's the best part about these air fryer sweet potato fries! No oil is needed if you don't want to add it to this simple recipe! Although oil does help them get a bit more crispy, cooking our using an air fryer is enough to crisp them up well!
Are frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer healthy?
I think so! Make sure you choose a frozen sweet potato fries brand that meets your nutritional needs -- I like to make these Alexia frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer! And compared to deep frying, these crispy sweet potato fries definitely have less oil fewer calories! Check the nutritional information in the recipe card at the bottom of this post for details.
How long do you put frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer?
We'll be cooking this frozen sweet potato fries recipe for about 10-15 minutes, not including the time it takes to preheat the air fryer. It's important to note that air fryer times can vary depending on the model you have, so you'll just want to check it periodically and add 1-2 minutes of cooking time as necessary.
Why are my sweet potatoes not crispy air fryer?
The biggest culprit if your frozen sweet potato fries are soggy is moisture. Either your fries may have had a layer of ice crystals from the freezer, or perhaps they were overcrowded in the air fryer basket. To prevent this, be sure to brush off any ice crystals from your frozen sweet potato fries and add them to the air fryer in a single layer or with just a bit of overlap.
You can see the recipe card below for ingredient quantities, but here's all you need to make sweet potato fries in the air fryer!
- frozen sweet potato fries - the main event! I love these delicious sweet potato fries because they're so much more flavorful than regular fries. I usually use this recipe for straight cut fries, but if you can definitely make crinkle cut or waffle sweet potato fries in the air fryer too! Alexia sweet potato fries and PictSweet are two of my favorite brands. If you'd rather make a cubed sweet potato recipe, try my recipe for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes!
- vegetable oil - I like to spritz my fries with a little bit of olive oil or avocado oil, but this is totally optional!
- sea salt - once they're done cooking, bring out that delicious sweet potato flavor with a few sprinkles of sea salt. I like Maldon sea salt!
Feel free to enjoy your air fryer frozen sweet potato fries with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce, but to kick it up another notch, you've got to make this sweet and tangy one. It's my favorite sauce for sweet potato fries!
- mayo - feel free to use light or vegan mayo!
- barbecue sauce - I tend to use Sweet Baby Ray's.
- dijon mustard - or spicy brown mustard.
- honey - to add a little sweetness to this dipping sauce!
Or for another type of sauce, try this black garlic aioli!
You'll definitely need an air fryer for this recipe (or see below for oven instructions)! I recommend a large-capacity basket air fryer model like this Instant Vortex one. If you do choose to add oil, you might want to use an oil sprayer.
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer Time and Temp
See the recipe card below for detailed instructions and a recipe video, but here are the simple steps to make air fryer sweet potato fries:
Preheat air fryer, then spread frozen fries in a single layer or slightly overlapping in air fryer basket. Spray with oil if you like, and toss to coat.
Air fry for about 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through and checking a few minutes early. Add a few minutes if needed.
While fries are cooking, whisk together mayo, mustard, BBQ sauce, and honey.
Hint: Keeping in mind that air fryer times may vary depending on the model you use, be sure to check your air fryer sweet potato fries a few minutes early the first time you make these delicious fries! You may also need to add a little bit of extra cook time for extra crispy fries!
And if you love fries and want to try another delicious recipe, check out these yuca fries!
How to Cook Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in Oven
To cook your frozen sweet potato fries in the oven, place them in a single layer on a lined baking sheet in an oven preheated to 425 degrees. Cook them 30-35 minutes or until crispy.
Once you make these frozen sweet potato fries, they're best served right away to keep their crispy texture. If you do have leftover fries, you can store them up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. To reheat, put your sweet potato fries in the air fryer again until they're nice and crispy!
Frozen Sweet Potato Crinkle Cut or Waffle Fries in Air Fryer
You can use the same instructions in the recipe card below to make the crinkle cut or waffle fry versions of this recipe! And if you love this recipe, you'll love my Air Fryer Nachos!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, a preheat air fryer works better ensure that your frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer come out nice and crispy!
Yes you can definitely put a layer of foil in your air fryer to keep your frozen sweet potato fries from sticking. Just be sure to poke holes in the foil to allow for hot air circulation.
Nope! No need to thaw your sweet potato fries before popping them in the air fryer and enjoying this great snack!
Remember to avoid overcrowding your fries in the air fryer basket for best results. That'll be the best way to help them crisp up well!
These frozen air fryer sweet potato fries would go great with some air fryer chicken nuggets!
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
- 20 oz (567 g) frozen sweet potato fries
- cooking spray or vegetable oil - optional
- sea salt - optional
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss or spray fries with oil, if using.
- Add sweet potato fries to air fryer basket in a single layer with minimal overlap.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, shaking basket halfway through. Check after 8-9 minutes to account for differences in air fryer models.
- Allow fries to dry slightly on a wire rack or paper towel and serve.
Tangy Dipping Sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Serve with sweet potato fries.
Last Updated on November 8, 2023 by Chenée Lewis