*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on June 6, 2021 by Chenée Lewis
You’ve had Rice Krispie treats. You may have even had brown butter Rice Krispie treats. But these brown butter white chocolate Rice Krispie treats will change your life! They’re the same easy, no-bake treats you love, only MUCH better. Decadent enough for a party, but quick and easy enough for any weekday, these fancy rice krispie treats are the sweet snack you need in your life!
How do you spice up rice krispies treats?
In my experience, everything is better with brown butter. And these fancy rice krispie treats are no exception! But we didn’t stop there. We’re also adding a creamy, rich white chocolate ganache, vanilla extract, and flaky sea salt to make these the best ever!
To me the combination of brown butter and white chocolate is LEGENDARY. And because these brown butter Rice Krispie treats are a no-bake recipe, the rich, nutty brown butter flavor really stands out! Add to that the white chocolate ganache, and you get the ultimate soft, gooey, rich, buttery Rice Krispie treats!
You might think you know how to make Rice Krispie treats, and actually, you do! There are just a couple of extra steps, but in essence, these are as easy as any Rice Krispie treats you’ve made. First, you’ll need to gather together your ingredients:
- crispy rice cereal – grab a 12-ounce box. You won’t use all the cereal, but you’ll need most of it.
- mini marshmallows – you’ll need a one-pound bag of mini marshmallows.
- salted butter – I like to use salted butter to bring out the flavors in the marshmallow and the white chocolate! Feel free to use unsalted though, and just add a pinch of extra sea salt on top!
- pure vanilla extract – be sure to use a high-quality pure vanilla extract. Or better yet, check out my post on how to make vanilla extract at home with just 2 ingredients!
- white chocolate – you can use a 4-ounce white baking bar or a cup of white chocolate chips.
- heavy whipping cream – we’ll use this to make the ganache to create that creamy, rich flavor!
- sea salt – I love adding flaky sea salt to these fancy rice krispie treats! It balances out the sweetness so perfectly.
Step by Step
To start with, you’ll need to melt your white chocolate with heavy cream to make a ganache. White chocolate ganache sounds super fancy, but it’s just white chocolate and heavy cream melted together. It’s so simple, and in this recipe, it gives these fancy Rice Krispie treats their perfect gooey-ness! Plus the rich white chocolate flavor just deepens the deliciousness.
First, you’ll heat your white chocolate and the heavy cream in the microwave, whisking every 10 seconds until melted and smooth.
Add the white chocolate to your brown butter, and then stir in marshmallows until most of them are melted.
Stir in your crispy rice cereal until coated. Gently press into a buttered 9×13 pan. Let them cool, and cut into squares.
And that’s it! This is such an easy recipe. In fact, the hardest part about it will be stopping yourself from eating them all immediately!!
Best of all, with only a few ingredients that are mostly non-perishable, this is a perfect treat to make if it’s hard to find fresh ingredients in stores.
If you want more gooey white chocolate, I know just the thing! Try my sparkling peppermint sugar cookies with a white chocolate ganache. They’re a perfect holiday cookie, but anything with that creamy ganache on top is perfect for any time of year!
You might also like my raspberry white chocolate blondies, full of melted white chocolate, white chocolate chunks, AND a white chocolate ganache on top, and bursting with fresh raspberries. You can’t go wrong!
Fancy Rice Krispie Treats with Brown Butter and White ChocolatePrint Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, heat heavy cream and white chocolate in microwave by 10 second intervals until just melted. Stir in vanilla extract until smooth; set aside.
- In a large light-colored dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat, heat butter until it starts to foam, stirring. Continue to cook until the butter is golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Turn off heat and add marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are mostly melted.
- Immediately stir in white chocolate mixture.
- Fold in cereal and stir to coat completely.
- Gently press mixture into prepared pan. Be sure not to press down to hard to keep the treats from getting too hard.
- Top with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
PIN this fancy Rice Krispie treats recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, click the banner above to order my brand-new summer cookbook, Sweet Summertime! It’s got 22 exclusive summer-friendly recipes and it’s full of baking tips and guides for perfect results!
And sign up below for all my blog recipes and updates right in your inbox, and to get your FREE PRINTABLE Kitchen and Baking Cheat Sheet!