*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on September 7, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
You’ve had Rice Krispie treats. You may have even had brown butter Rice Krispie treats. But these brown butter white chocolate Rice Krispie treats will change your life! They’re the same easy, no-bake treats you love, only MUCH better. Decadent enough for a party, but quick and easy enough for a work-from-home snack on a Wednesday!
To me the combination of brown butter and white chocolate is LEGENDARY. And because these brown butter Rice Krispie treats are a no-bake recipe, the rich, nutty brown butter flavor really stands out! Add to that the white chocolate ganache, and you get the ultimate soft, gooey, rich, buttery Rice Krispie treats!
You might think you know how to make Rice Krispie treats, and actually, you do! There are just a couple of extra steps, but in essence, these are as easy as any Rice Krispie treats you’ve made. First, you’ll need to gather together your ingredients:
- Crispy rice cereal – grab a 12-ounce box
- Mini marshmallows – you’ll need a one-pound bag
- Salted butter – I like to use salted butter to bring out the flavors in the marshmallow and the white chocolate!
- Pure vanilla extract
- White chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- Flaky sea salt
Step by Step
To start with, you’ll need to melt your white chocolate with heavy cream to make a ganache. White chocolate ganache sounds super fancy, but it’s just white chocolate and heavy cream melted together. It’s so simple, and in this recipe, it gives these Rice Krispie treats their perfect gooey-ness! Plus the rich white chocolate flavor just deepens the deliciousness.
First, you’ll heat your white chocolate and the heavy cream in the microwave, whisking every 10 seconds until melted and smooth.
Add the white chocolate to your brown butter, and then stir in marshmallows until most of them are melted.
Stir in your crispy rice cereal until coated. Gently press into a buttered 9×13 pan. Let them cool, and cut into squares.
And that’s it! This is such an easy recipe. In fact, the hardest part about it will be stopping yourself from eating them all immediately!!
Best of all, with only a few ingredients that are mostly non-perishable, this is a perfect treat to make if it’s hard to find fresh ingredients in stores.
If you want more gooey white chocolate, I know just the thing! Try my sparkling peppermint sugar cookies with a white chocolate ganache. They’re a perfect holiday cookie, but anything with that creamy ganache on top is perfect for any time of year!
You might also like my raspberry white chocolate blondies, full of melted white chocolate, white chocolate chunks, AND a white chocolate ganache on top, and bursting with fresh raspberries. You can’t go wrong!
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, heat heavy cream and white chocolate in microwave by 10 second intervals until just melted. Stir in vanilla extract until smooth; set aside.
- In a large light-colored dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat, heat butter until it starts to foam, stirring. Continue to cook until the butter is golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Turn off heat and add marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are mostly melted.
- Immediately stir in white chocolate mixture.
- Fold in cereal and stir to coat completely.
- Gently press mixture into prepared pan. Be sure not to press down to hard to keep the treats from getting too hard.
- Top with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
PIN this brown butter Rice Krispie treats recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, SUBSCRIBE BELOW for all my latest updates! PLUS, when you subscribe you’ll get my FREE printable Kitchen & Baking Cheat Sheet full of quick baking tips and tricks and essential kitchen tools to make your life way easier!
PLUS, click here to take my 2020 reader survey and be entered to win a Wilton 3-Tier Collapsible Cooling Rack!!