*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on January 18, 2021 by Chenée Lewis
I’m all about celebrating small wins! Sometimes you want to make a cute little mini cake and toss on some sprinkles, and sometimes you have something even bigger to celebrate so you make a whole brown butter layer cake! But if you’re like me, you like to have a quick and easy way celebrate a small win, or to add a little happiness to your day, or you just want a sweet treat on a Friday afternoon! I get it — that’s where this confetti popcorn comes in.
You guys know I’m all about super easy recipes, and this confetti popcorn could not be easier! It only takes THREE pantry-stable ingredients (that you probably already have on hand!). Plus, it’s so simple to make, and fun for the whole family to do together! And who doesn’t love sprinkles?
I told you there were only three! Here’s all you’ll need to make this super easy confetti popcorn!
- popped microwave popcorn – you can also use fresh stovetop or air popped popcorn — it’s totally up to you! My favorite microwave popcorn has always been Pop Secret Homestyle because it’s got a more subtle, natural butter flavor that balances well with the salt.
- white baking chocolate – You can also use white chocolate chips, white candy melts, or almond bark. Basically anything to give your confetti popcorn that vanilla candy coating! I love the flavor of white chocolate so I like to use the real thing whenever I can, but all of it works in this easy recipe!
- sprinkles – this is where you can go wild with your confetti popcorn! Use basic rainbow sprinkles like I did, or switch it up for special occasions with Valentine’s Day sprinkles, Christmas nonpareils, or these fun spooky Halloween sprinkles!
Step by Step
- Pop your popcorn in microwave or on stovetop according to package directions.
- Heat white chocolate in the microwave until it’s just about melted, then stir it to melt it the rest of the way.
- Pour your popped popcorn out onto some parchment paper and drizzle your melted white chocolate on top.
- Sprinkle on your sprinkles — as many as you like! And then let it set so the chocolate can harden.
- Break your confetti popcorn into pieces and serve!
It’s that easy. You could probably make some of this confetti popcorn right now! Lucky you!
If you love this confetti popcorn recipe, you will really love my funfetti sugar cookie cheesecake bars! They’re an easy recipe like this one, but you’ll end up with decadent cheesecake bars made with store-bought cookie dough. They’re SO good and so easy!
Or for another irresistible popcorn recipe, try my cinnamon kettle corn! It’s full of amazing sweet and salty flavors, plus the boost of cinnamon and brown sugar for a truly delicious snack!
- 1 3.2-oz bag microwave popcorn – popped (or prepared stovetop or airpopped popcorn)
- 8 oz. white baking chocolate – or white chocolate chips, white baking melts, or almond bark
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Empty popped popcorn onto a parchment-lined surface.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave in 30-second intervals until mostly melted, then stir to melt completely. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Add sprinkles on top of white chocolate. Allow to cool completely, then break into pieces to serve.
PIN this confetti popcorn recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, SUBSCRIBE BELOW for all my latest updates! PLUS, when you subscribe you’ll get your FREE PRINTABLE Kitchen and Baking Cheat Sheet!