*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on November 2, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
What’s a celebration without SPRINKLES? Whether you’re 4 or 84, it’s a fact that sprinkles make everything better. No matter what. So if you have a celebration coming up, Google is full of very impressive funfetti recipes. BUT… if you’re short on time, or energy (been there), it’s not always feasible to make and frost a layer cake! If you’ve ever wanted to throw together a super quick dessert that’s just as impressive and festive as any more complicated cake, these easy funfetti sugar cookie cheesecake bars are your answer! And they’re only FIVE INGREDIENTS!
These funfetti sugar cookie cheesecake bars have everything — the delicious vanilla flavor of sugar cookies, a rich, creamy cheesecake filling, and fun rainbow sprinkles!
This recipe reminds me of my Pineapple Pecan Cheesecake Bars, but way simpler! Did I mention the come together with only five ingredients? All you need is:
- Store-bought cookie dough
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- One large egg
- Vanilla extract
That’s it! The secret is the cookie dough you buy. I made these with Pillsbury Confetti Cookie Dough, which has sprinkles built in and is so easy to work with (not sponsored — I just ran into this dough at Target and thought I would try it). So once you have your ingredients, grab a 9×9 baking pan and get started!
Step by Step
- Cookie dough base layer – The cookie dough is separated into 12 cookie portions, so take 8 of those portions and press them into the bottom of your greased 9×9 baking pan.
- Cheesecake layer – Now, just beat your softened cream cheese in a stand mixer or hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in sugar, egg, and vanilla until creamy, and then spread evenly over the cookie base.
- Cookie crumble topping – Then just break the last 4 cookie sections in small pieces and scatter over the cheesecake layer. If you have some on hand, now is the time to toss on some extra sprinkles! And you’re ready to bake!
Love the idea of these funfetti sugar cookie cheesecake bars, but in the mood for something other than funfetti? This format can be customized for any flavor you like. Want to swap out the confetti cookies for peanut butter cookie dough? Sure! Or mix in some lemon zest into the cheesecake layer and top with lemon icing to make lemon cheesecake bars? Absolutely! In December, could you grab some gingerbread dough to make a super easy holiday dessert? Sounds amazing! In fact, this recipe is itself an adaptation of this easy chocolate chip cookie bar recipe from Mom on Timeout. There are so many ways you can update this easy recipe to make it your own. Share your own ideas in the comments!
This is just one of many amazing dessert bar recipes I’ve shared! If you like these, you should absolutely try my pineapple pecan cheesecake bars! They’re layered cheesecake bars too, but with a thicker cheesecake layer and even more decadent! They’re topped with a brown butter icing and filled with buttery pecans.
And you can find an even easier dessert bar recipe with my no-bake brown butter white chocolate Rice Krispie treats! This upgrade to the classic treats is absolutely irrestistible. They’re so quick to make, but your family and guests will ask for them over and over!
Equipment you may need
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×9 square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Press 8 cookie sections evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat softened cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in sugar, egg, and vanilla until creamy. Spread evenly over the cookie base.
- Break remaining cookie portions into small pieces and scatter over cheesecake layer. Top with additional sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, or until cheesecake is set and cookie topping is slightly golden. Cool completely before slicing into bars.
PIN this recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, SUBSCRIBE BELOW for all my latest updates! PLUS, when you subscribe you’ll get your FREE PRINTABLE Kitchen and Baking Cheat Sheet!