You guys know I love a white chocolate blondies recipe! And these pumpkin blondies are my new faves! They've got all the festive fall flavors you love, plus fudgy white chocolate, rich brown sugar, and toasted pecans. All in an easy dessert bar package, and draped in a delicious apple cider icing! They're so perfect for your fall celebrations or just an anytime treat!
This pumpkin white chocolate blondies recipe is based on my Brown Butter Banana Blondies recipe, with the addition of toasted chopped pecans. Here's what you'll need to make these pumpkin blondies:
- baking spray – you'll need the kind of baking spray that contains flour. I like Pam for Baking
- salted butter - we're melting our butter, so no need to worry about softening it in advance!
- white chocolate - you'll need a 4-ounce white chocolate baking bar.
- one egg - this should be room temperature. If you're in a rush, just submerge the egg (in its shell) in a bowl of warm water for about 15 minutes, until it's no longer cool to the touch.
- dark brown sugar – I like to use dark brown sugar in this recipe to complement the warm, rich fall flavors in these pumpkin blondies!
- pure vanilla extract - make sure it's a good quality real vanilla! I like this one from Nielsen-Massey!
- canned pumpkin - I haven't tried this recipe with fresh pumpkin puree, so if you do, let me know in the comments below how it worked out for you!
- all-purpose flour - I like to measure out my flour by weight for the most accuracy (for this recipe you'll need 128 grams of flour). But you can also use the scoop and level method if you don't have a food scale!
- pumpkin pie spice - perfect to complement the pumpkin, brown sugar, and white chocolate in this pumpkin blondies recipe!
- roasted or toasted chopped pecans - These are optional, but highly recommended! I toasted my pecans on the stovetop, but to save time, you can buy store-bought roasted pecans.
But that's not all! These pumpkin blondies are covered in an irresistible apple cider glaze! Here's what you'll need:
- fresh apple cider - If you've got some cider from a farmer's market, apple orchard, or even the produce section of your local grocery store, that's perfect! You can also use shelf-stable apple cider if needed. We'll be reducing our apple cider to intensify its flavor for this glaze.
- salted butter - again, we'll melt our butter to mix into this glaze. It should again be salted, to cut into the sweetness, but if you only have unsalted, then just add in a pinch of salt.
- powdered sugar - helps to achieve the texture we want for this glaze, and adds more sweetness.
This is a straightforward pumpkin blondies recipe that doesn't require an electric mixer! But there are a few tools that you'll need, including a small saucepan to reduce your apple cider, a sauté pan to toast your pecans, and a 9x9 baking pan to bake your blondies!
If you love this pumpkin blondies recipe, you'll definitely want to try my Brown Butter Banana Blondies. They're so rich and fudgy, with the nutty goodness of brown butter baked into the blondies recipe, and in the brown butter cream cheese frosting!
You should also check out my Pumpkin Bread with Maple Brown Butter Glaze for another perfect fall treat! The combination of pumpkin, maple, and brown butter is irresistible!
Equipment you may need
- baking spray – - the kind with flour
- ½ cup salted butter - cut into chunks (1 stick)
- 4 oz. white chocolate - cut into chunks
- 1 large egg - room temperature
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar - packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour - (128 g)
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅔ cup pecans - chopped, toasted
Apple Cider Glaze
- ½ cup fresh apple cider
- 2 tablespoon salted butter - melted
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar - plus more if needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to allow for easy removal. Spray with baking spray.
- Heat butter in microwave about 45 seconds, or until melted. Stir in white chocolate chunks and allow to stir to melt chocolate. If necessary, heat a bit more in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Whisk together egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in white chocolate mixture and pumpkin, mixing until smooth.
- Fold in flour until combined, then fold in pecans.
- Pour into prepared 9-inch square pan, smoothing top. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpic entered into blondies comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely.
Apple Cider Glaze
- Heat apple cider in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and heat for about 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Let cool.
- Whisk reduced cider and melted butter together in a bowl.
- Sift in powdered sugar and whisk until smooth. Spread over cooled blondies and allow to set before slicing.
PIN this pumpkin blondies recipe for later!
Last Updated on August 10, 2022 by Chenée Lewis
(forgot to rate!! Oops!)
Delicious and easy! It was the perfect recipe to use up leftover pumpkin puree. These bars have a delightfully chewy, fudgy texture and the added nuts give them a bit of a crunch. The glaze is fabulous. Served them to friends and they were a winner across the board!
I'm so glad they were a hit! Thanks so much for giving them a try! 🙂