These strawberry cheesecake cookies with white chocolate chips are the perfect sweet treat! How to make strawberry cheesecake cookies from cake mix that are so easy and delicious! And if you like these strawberry cookies, you’ll love my Strawberry Crumble, my French Strawberry Cake, and my Vanilla Cake with Strawberries!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
It's no secret that I love baking with white chocolate -- my Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies and my Brownie Mix Cookies with White Chocolate, Cherries and Pistachios are big favorites of mine! But these strawberry cream cheese cookies take the cake! They're so easy, and the little bits of white chocolate add a delicious sweetness!
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies from Cake Mix
Cake mix cookies are always so fun to make! It's an easy shortcut that gets your cookies into the oven so fast! So we're making these strawberry cheesecake cookies with cake mix, adding that bright strawberry flavor and fun pink color! I used Betty Crocker strawberry cake mix, but any 15.25-ounce box of strawberry cake mix would work well!
Thanks to the cake mix, these strawberry cheesecake cookies with white chocolate chips only need 6 ingredients!
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies - Ingredients
- strawberry cake mix - you'll need a 15.25-ounce box of strawberry cake mix. Just the mix -- no need to prepare the batter using the box directions.
- baking powder - we'll use a bit of baking powder to give these strawberry cookies a nice lift!
- cream cheese - I love how soft and fluffy cream cheese makes these cookies turn out!
- egg - make sure your egg is room temperature to make it easier to mix your batter.
- vegetable oil - you can use any neutral cooking oil you like -- I usually use canola oil.
- white chocolate chips - these are optional, but they add a delicious vanilla sweetness to this strawberry cheesecake cookies recipe! I love the Ghirardelli White Baking Chips.
You won't need much to make these strawberry cookies -- mostly just a large baking sheet -- I use the Nordicware Baker's Big Sheet lined with a Silpat ¾ sheet liner. You may also want a small cookie scoop to get evenly-sized cookies, and you'll also want a hand mixer or a stand mixer to mix up your dough!
Strawberry Cookies Tips and F.A.Q.
First, make sure you're using full-fat cream cheese -- the added fat helps to keep these cookies moist. Then, don't skip the chilling step -- it keeps the cookies from spreading too much, which keeps them soft! Finally, don't overcook these strawberry cookies! They're done when the tops are set, and they'll finish cooking as they cool.
To soften your cream cheese for this recipe, just remove it from the foil and place on a microwave-safe plate. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds or until softened. It should be ready to add to your strawberry cream cheese cookies!
Absolutely! You can scoop the dough into cookie scoops and freeze them individually. Then, once they're frozen solid, you can store them in a freezer bag or container. When you're ready to bake them, just add the dough balls to your baking sheet and let them sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, then bake as usual!
These strawberry cheesecake cookies should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container or food storage bag to keep them nice and soft. They should stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to two months.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Curd Cookies
- Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- Key Lime Cookies
- Almond Lemon Cookies
Equipment you may need
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix cream cheese, egg, cake mix, baking powder, and vegetable oil until combined.
- Fold in white chocolate chips, if using.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-13 minutes, or until cookies are set and golden brown on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pin these strawberry cheesecake cookies for later!