*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on December 10, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
I love these easy brownie mix cookies! They are super chunky and full of lots of tart, sweet, and crunchy goodness. I came up with this recipe for brownie cookies as a Christmas recipe. But after trying them I realize they would be great for any occasion, or no occasion at all! The combination of the white chocolate, dried cherries, and pistachios is perfect, and topped with a little flaky sea salt, they are amazing. And they’re so ridiculously easy to make. The secret is (leans in close) brownie mix. If you couldn’t tell from the recipe title. If you’ve baked brownie cookies from a mix, you know how easy they are, plus they stay soft and fudgy for days after you bake them. If you haven’t, then you’re in for a treat with these brownie mix cookies with white chocolate chunks!
Making cookies from brownie mix is a secret weapon that allows you to whip up your cookie dough super fast. But if you use a fudgy brownie mix, it can keep your cookies soft and delicious — like a brownie!
For the base of this recipe for brownie cookies, I was inspired by one of my favorite brownie cookies recipes — this Rolo cookie from Let’s Dish Recipes. Side note: try that recipe! It always gets rave reviews whenever I make it. But what I love about these brownie mix cookies is the chunky and crunchy elements from the white chocolate chunks and pistachios. It’s the perfect complement to the fudgy brownie mix cookie base!
For these cookies from brownie mix, you’ll need:
- a box of brownie mix – to create the base for our cookies and give them that chocolatey flavor.
- eggs – crucial to make the dough a little richer and give it some rise.
- vegetable oil – adds moisture and fat for a softer cookie.
- flour – helps to thicken the dough a bit so that the cookies don’t spread too much.
- shelled pistachios, white chocolate, dried cherries – these mix-ins are the best part! I love the crunch, sweetness, and tartness they give to the cookies and the end result is a chunky cookie fully of yummy flavors.
- flaky sea salt – a great finish to such a flavorful cookie.
Once you’ve got all those ingredients ready, you’re just a few stirs with a wooden spoon from having these amazing brownie mix cookies in the oven!
These brownie mix cookies are so easy to throw together! The video above will show you just how to do it, but here are the steps you’ll need to follow for the perfect brownie cookies from box mix:
- Mix together your brownie mix, eggs, flour, and oil. This is the dough base for your cookie! I like to use a wooden spoon since the dough is quite thick.
- Fold in your white chocolate chunks, pistachios, and cherries.
- Scoop your brownie mix cookies, place on a lined cookie sheet, and bake! Told you they were easy.
I made these brownie mix cookies over the Christmas break, as part of my Christmas cookie blitz! But they would be a hit any time of year. And with just a few minutes to prep them from the oven, these brownie cookies are definitely worth a try!
If you like this recipe for brownie cookies, you will love my Salted Caramel Cinnamon Thumbprint Cookies! They’re just as easy and SO delicious, and they’re another great cookie for the holiday season.
You should also check out my Triple Chocolate Pecan Brownies for more of that delicious brownie flavor! They’re so gooey and rich, made with brown butter and toasted pecans. You’ll love them!
Brownie Mix Cookies with White Chocolate, Cherries, and PistachiosPrint Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
Equipment you may need
- wooden spoon
- tablespoon cookie scoop
- 1 box brownie mix (18.3 oz) - dry mix only
- 2 large eggs - room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shelled roasted pistachios - roughly chopped
- 4 oz. white baking chocolate - chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cherries - roughly chopped
- flaky sea salt - for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil, and flour until well combined.
- Fold in pistachios, white chocolate chunks, and cherries.
- Drop cookies by heaping tablespoonfuls, or 1 tablespoon cookie scoops onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes, or until set. They should still be slightly underdone in the middle. If you like, sprinkle sea salt over cookies and let cool on wire racks.
PIN this recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, click the banner above to order my brand-new summer cookbook, Sweet Summertime! It’s got 22 exclusive summer-friendly recipes and it’s full of baking tips and guides for perfect results!
And sign up below for all my blog recipes and updates right in your inbox, and to get your FREE PRINTABLE Kitchen and Baking Cheat Sheet!