That's right -- brownie mix cookies! These cookies are so easy -- we'll make our brownie mix cookies with flour and a few other ingredients! Read on to see how to turn brownie mix into cookies! And for more easy cookie recipes, try my Snickerdoodles without Cream of Tartar, my Pie Crust Cookies Twists, or my Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Easy Brownie Mix Cookies full of Mix-Ins
I love these easy brownie mix cookies! They are super chunky and full of lots of tart, sweet, and crunchy goodness. I came up with this recipe for brownie cookies as a Christmas recipe. But after trying them I realize they would be great for any occasion, or no occasion at all! The combination of the white chocolate, dried cherries, and pistachios is perfect, and topped with a little flaky sea salt, they are amazing. And they're so ridiculously easy to make. The secret is (leans in close) brownie mix. If you couldn't tell from the recipe title. If you've baked brownie cookies from a mix, you know how easy they are, plus they stay soft and fudgy for days after you bake them. But if you haven't, then you're in for a treat with these brownie mix cookies with white chocolate chunks!
Making cookies from brownie mix is a secret weapon that allows you to whip up your cookie dough super fast. But if you use a fudgy brownie mix, it can keep your cookies soft and delicious -- like a brownie!
Brownie Mix Cookies with Flour
For the base of this recipe for brownie cookies, I was inspired by one of my favorite brownie cookies recipes -- this Rolo cookie from Let's Dish Recipes. Side note: try that recipe! It always gets rave reviews whenever I make it. But what I love about these brownie mix cookies is the chunky and crunchy elements from the white chocolate chunks and pistachios. It's the perfect complement to the fudgy brownie mix cookie base!
What Do I Need to Make Cookies with Brownie Mix?
For these cookies from brownie mix, you'll need:
- a box of brownie mix - to create the base for our cookies and give them that chocolatey flavor.
- eggs - crucial to make the dough a little richer and give it some rise.
- vegetable oil - adds moisture and fat for a softer cookie.
- flour - helps to thicken the dough a bit so that the cookies don't spread too much.
- shelled pistachios, white chocolate, dried cherries - these mix-ins are the best part! I love the crunch, sweetness, and tartness they give to the cookies and the end result is a chunky cookie fully of yummy flavors.
- flaky sea salt - a great finish to such a flavorful cookie.
Once you've got all those ingredients ready, you're just a few stirs with a wooden spoon from having these amazing brownie mix cookies in the oven!
How to Turn Brownie Mix into Cookies
These brownie mix cookies are so easy to throw together! The video above will show you just how to do it, but here are the steps you'll need to follow for the perfect brownie cookies from box mix:
- Mix together your brownie mix, eggs, flour, and oil. This is the dough base for your cookie! I like to use a wooden spoon since the dough is quite thick.
- Fold in your white chocolate chunks, pistachios, and cherries.
- Scoop your brownie mix cookies, place on a lined cookie sheet, and bake! Told you they were easy.
Tips and F.A.Q.
I typically make these brownie mix cookies with Ghirardelli or Betty Crocker mix, but you can use any fudge brownie mix that you prefer. If you choose a mix that has chocolate chips already mixed in, I would suggest omitting the white chocolate from this recipe.
Nope! This recipe is SO easy and because we're making these brownie mix cookies with flour added, they don't need any chilling time.
Store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. These cookies freeze very well! Just cool them completely and then freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature.
Sure! Just omit the white chocolate chunks (or substitute dairy free chocolate white chocolate) for a dairy free cookie! Just double check the label of your brownie mix to make sure it's dairy free.
You can definitely substitute the add-ins according to your taste. Feel free to switch out the dried cherries for dried cranberries, or raisins (if you must). The white chocolate can be subbed for milk chocolate or dark chocolate, or even toffee bits, and you can add in any nut you like in place of the pistachios. Use what you have on hand!
More Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Oatmeal Cookie Bars with Brown Butter and Salted Nutella Swirl
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies
- Christmas Cookie Cake
- Lemon Curd Cookies
- Slice and Bake Christmas Cookies with Cranberries and White Chocolate
Equipment you may need
- tablespoon cookie scoop
- 1 box (510 g) brownie mix (18.3 oz) - dry mix only
- 2 large eggs - room temperature
- ½ cup (112 g) canola oil - or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon (44 ml) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (92 g) shelled roasted pistachios - roughly chopped
- 4 oz (113 g) white baking chocolate - chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup (91 g) sweetened dried cherries - roughly chopped
- flaky sea salt - for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil, and flour until well combined.1 box brownie mix (18.3 oz), 2 large eggs, ½ cup canola oil, 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Fold in pistachios, white chocolate chunks, and cherries.¾ cup shelled roasted pistachios, 4 oz white baking chocolate, ¾ cup sweetened dried cherries
- Drop cookies by heaping tablespoonfuls, or 1 tablespoon cookie scoops onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until set. They should still be slightly underdone in the middle. If you like, sprinkle sea salt over cookies and let cool on wire racks.
PIN this brownie box mix cookies recipe for later!
Last Updated on October 28, 2022 by Chenée Lewis
i was looking for a cookie recipe! glad I've found yours!
I made these cookies last night after dinner and OMG they were delicious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
I'm so glad you liked them! Thank you!
I absolutely love the combination happening here! Cherries! Pistachios! So friggin' delicious.
Thanks! I love it too!
Whoa! Chocolate, white chocolate, cherries and pistachios in one bite, count me in!
Oh my.... these cookies have everything I like! I am a big fan of white choco, pistachio, and cherry!
Same here! Great flavor combination!
These cookies look so damn good! Love that you have added cherries in it..yumm
The cherries add a great tartness! Thanks for checking them out!
These are delicious and oh so easy. It's the perfect use for a box of brownie mix when I'm getting sick of having another brownie. 😉
Absolutely! A nice twist on a classic brownie!
Nart at Cooking with Nart
These cookies taste fantastic! I absolutely love everything in them especially the white chocolate and pistachios. How delicious!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them! 🙂
These look' so delicious and tasty! I can't wait to give these a try!
You should definitely give them a try! 🙂