*This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on November 4, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
We all have certain things that remind us of a distinct, vivid moment in our past. This keto broccoli salad is one of those for me. Every time I make it, it takes me back to when I was 23 and living in Astoria, Queens.
It was a really interesting time in my life– I was living away from home or a college dorm for the first time, and working at my first real job. I had roommates that I hadn’t met before I moved in, and I was living in a new, unfamiliar city. I remember the feeling well, and that was the feeling that was all around when I first had this keto broccoli salad.
My roommates, who were immigrants from Albania and had introduced me to many new food traditions, threw together a quick salad with fresh broccoli, ripe tomato chunks, and some fresh squeezed lemon juice. It was so simple and light, but so delicious!
Fresh and Nutritious Ingredients
This healthy keto broccoli salad features just a few ingredients, but it’s full of amazing nutrition, not to mention delicious flavors! And did I mention it’s keto-friendly? That’s right — this salad has only 6 grams of net carbs per serving!
Here’s a taste of what you’ll get in this keto broccoli salad:
- broccoli – along with other cruciferous veggies, broccoli contains potent antioxidants that support healthy cells and may reduce cancer risk. Broccoli also contains a flavonoid called kaempferol, which has strong anti-inflammatory capabilities.
- tomatoes – full of the antioxidant lycopene, which benefits heart and eye health and lowers cancer risk.
- red onions – more than just adding a delicious boost of flavor, red onions are also a rich source of quercetin, a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties that provides protection against certain types of cancer. They’re also a good source of sulfur, which helps detoxify our bodies, and biotin, which regulates blood sugar.
- feta – a cheese made typically from sheep or goat milk, feta is lower in calories than most other cheeses and contains conjugated linoleic acid, which has been shown to reduce body fat.
Best of all, this salad is delicious! I love the freshness of the veggies and their health benefits, but it’s gotta taste great. And this keto broccoli salad really delivers on taste! The lemony garlic vinaigrette is perfect to balance the sweet tomatoes and the crunchy broccoli. Add in the sharp onion flavor and the mild crumbly feta, and you’ve definitely got a winner. Make this keto broccoli salad as a side dish, a main vegetarian entree, or a light lunch.
Step by Step
Making this delicious keto broccoli salad is as easy as chopping a few ingredients!
- First, whisk together your olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, and garlic a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then combine your chopped broccoli, whole grape tomatoes, cubed feta, and sliced red onions in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss well to coat.
And you’re done! You can serve this keto broccoli salad immediately, but one of the great things about it is the flavors deepen and marinate even more as it sits, so you can just keep it refrigerated for up to a day before serving and it’ll taste even better!
If you’re looking for more chilled salad recipes like this broccoli and tomato salad, you should check out my Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad or my Spicy Shrimp Pasta Salad for a perfect summer side dish. For another recipe that provides the health benefits of cruciferous veggies in a quick, delicious meal, try my 2-Minute Anti-Aging Green Smoothie! And for a vegan snack recipe full of veggies, protein, and fiber, you might like my White Bean Dip with Lemon and Pistachios. Enjoy!
Equipment you may need
- 12 oz broccoli florets – about 5 cups
- 8 oz grape tomatoes – about 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup red onion – sliced
- 8 oz feta – cubed
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper – to taste
- Combine broccoli, tomatoes, onion, and feta in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss salad ingredients with vinaigrette and serve.
PIN this keto broccoli salad recipe for later!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, SUBSCRIBE BELOW for all my latest updates! PLUS, when you subscribe you’ll get FREE access to Baking Basics: 2020 Holiday Planning Guide!