Lemon dump cake with condensed milk only takes 5 ingredients and is one of the best lemon dump cake recipes!! This is a quick, easy dessert you'll love. And once you've tried this lemon cream cheese dump cake recipe, check out my Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake, my Lemon Curd Cookies, or my Lemon Lavender Cupcakes for even more lemony goodness!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Lemon Dump Cake with Condensed Milk
When you're in the mood for a sweet, lemony treat, this dump cake is your answer! It's SO easy to make with just 5 ingredients, and so delicious! It's got creamy, tart lemon curd, the rich tanginess of cream cheese, and a buttery crust made with vanilla cake mix. You've got to try it!
Dump cakes are a super quick and simple type of dessert that anyone can make! There's no mixing, creaming, or sifting, and the results are always consistently delicious! So it's perfect for beginner bakers, or to make with kids! And this is one of the best lemon dump cake recipes! I love the combination of lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk, and the cream cheese is a fantastic addition!
Why is It Called Dump Cake?
Dump cake gets its name from its preparation method -- you literally dump the ingredients right into the baking pan. There are a lot of fun varieties of dump cake, like my mini pumpkin dump cake, classic cherry-pineapple dump cake, and apple cinnamon dump cake!
Lemon Curd Dump Cake Ingredients
- lemon curd - I wanted to use lemon curd for this recipe because I LOVE its juicy lemon flavor. I also love that this recipe is a great way to use up leftover lemon curd! But you can make your own (check out my lemon curd cookies for my recipe), or just grab some store-bought lemon curd!
- sweetened condensed milk - To add a bit of creamy sweetness, we're using a can of sweetened condensed milk. It creates a beautiful contrast to the tartness of the lemon curd.
- cream cheese - I love the creamy tanginess that cream cheese adds to this recipe! Definitely opt for full-fat cream cheese, and make sure that it's softened before cutting it in.
- vanilla cake mix - Here's the vanilla cake mix I use! If you prefer, you can also use a yellow cake mix or a lemon cake mix for even more lemon flavor!
- salted butter - We'll be drizzling melted butter on top to create that perfect crust! I like to use salted butter for this dump cake to offset some of the sweetness. If you prefer to use unsalted butter, add in ¼ teaspoon of salt.
It's so easy! The ONLY key piece of equipment you'll need is an 8x8 baking pan. Here's the one I use! But you can also use a 9x9 baking pan, but your dump cake will be a bit flatter and will bake faster.
Tips and F.A.Q.
When it's done, the crust on your dump cake will be golden brown and the lemon cream cheese filling will be bubbling! Then you can take it out and serve it warm!
Your lemon dump cake should be served warm, but once it's cooled it should be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If you can't get your hands on lemon curd, you can make your own with just a few ingredients - it's way better than store-bought anyway! Or you can use a can of lemon creme pie filling in place of the lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk.
Many dump cake recipes instruct you not to stir the filling, but for this recipe you'll need to gently stir the lemon curd and condensed milk together to make sure your filling comes out evenly flavored. But that's all the stirring you'll need to do!
This dump cake has a tangy-sweet filling, and the cake mix topping is buttery and flavorful! You'll love it with a big dollop of whipped cream!
More Lemon Recipes to Try
- Lemon Icebox Pie
- Lemon and Blackberry Cake
- Vegan Olive Oil Cake with Lemon and Pistachio
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones
- Creamy Lemon-Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
- lemon zest
- powdered sugar
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dump lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk into a greased 8x8 baking pan. Mix to combine.1 cup lemon curd, 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- Top with diced cream cheese, then sprinkle cake mix on top evenly.8 oz. cream cheese, 1 box vanilla cake mix
- Evenly lay butter pieces (or drizzle melted butter) evenly all over dry cake mix, trying to cover as much of the cake mix as possible.½ cup salted butter
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and lemon filling is bubbling.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, and top with lemon zest and powdered sugar, if desired.lemon zest, powdered sugar, whipped cream
PIN this lemon dump cake recipe for later!
Last Updated on July 8, 2022 by Chenée Lewis