Last Updated on April 10, 2022 by Chenée Lewis
These mini egg brownies are one of the easiest mini egg recipes for Easter! Chewy, fudgy chocolate brownies with Cadbury mini eggs to make the best mini egg brownie recipe! And if you love these Cadbury mini egg brownies, try my Chocolate Walnut Brownies, my S'mores Brownies, or my Raspberry Chocolate Brownies!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Best Mini Egg Brownie Recipe
This is the best mini egg brownie recipe you could want, and they're absolutely perfect as an Easter treat! If you love Cadbury Mini Eggs, these are a must! They've got a moist, fudgy center with a deep chocolate flavor, perfect crackly tops, and lots of creamy chocolate mini eggs!
Also, this recipe is based on my Triple Chocolate Brownies, so if you love that brownie recipe, you'll definitely love these brownies with Cadbury Mini Eggs!
What makes brownies more fudgy?
Fudgy brownies contain a higher amount of fat, so with these mini egg brownies, the eggs and melted butter add to the moist, fudgy texture. To add to the fudgy, gooey texture, you can take these mini egg brownies out of the oven after 25-30 minutes!
What is the shell of a mini egg?
Cadbury Mini Eggs are a really delicious Easter candy, made with super creamy milk chocolate coated in in a crisp candy shell. They're shaped like cute little eggs and perfect for an Easter basket! But they're even MORE perfect for mini egg recipes! This is the best mini egg brownie recipe -- they're perfectly fudgy and complement that creamy chocolate mini eggs so well!
How to Make Mini Egg Brownies - Ingredients
- melted butter - I like to use salted butter in this brownie recipe, but if you use unsalted butter, feel free to add an extra few pinches of salt.
- eggs - make sure your eggs are room temperature before adding them in.
- vanilla extract - be sure to use a high-quality pure vanilla extract. Or better yet, check out my post on how to make vanilla extract at home with just 2 ingredients!
- granulated sugar & brown sugar - this combination of sugar gives this brownie recipe the perfect sweetness and chewy texture.
- unsweetened cocoa powder - adds a delicious chocolatey flavor and fudgy texture.
- all-purpose flour - be sure to measure your flour by weight with a kitchen scale or with the spoon-and-level method.
- espresso powder - this is the secret to bringing out that deep chocolate flavor! If you don't have espresso powder, you can add in a bit of strong brewed coffee.
- salt - offsets all the sweetness in this brownie recipe so well.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs - we'll make these brownies with Cadbury Mini Eggs both in the batter and on top!
This is one of the easiest mini egg recipes, so it doesn't require and special tools! You'll need a 9x9 baking pan for this brownie recipe, plus a mixing bowl and whisk to whip up the batter. Here are some of the tools I used:
Tips and F.A.Q.
This is an age-old question: Do you use more or less eggs for fudgy brownies? Well, you'll notice that this brownie recipe calls for three eggs, which serve several purposes. First, they add richness and structure thanks to the fat and protein. They also help bind the ingredients together. In fact, the amount of eggs in a brownie recipe alone doesn't change the fudgy factor -- it's all about the ratio of eggs, flour, cocoa powder, and fat. And if you take them out a couple of minutes early that helps too (see instructions in recipe card below). So I think you'll find that these brownies with Cadbury mini eggs are are perfectly balanced and deliciously chewy and fudgy!
I wouldn't recommend leaving out the third egg in these brownies. The brownies will come out less dense and rich.
I personally love the texture of brownies either way, but oil can definitely help to contribute to the moist, fudgy center of a brownie recipe. But nothing can replace the rich flavor of butter, especially in these brownies with Cadbury mini eggs! Also, this recipe has a high fat content and lots of cocoa powder, so it achieves the perfect texture along with a delicious buttery flavor!
Cadbury mini eggs are made of a solid milk chocolate in the shape of an egg, coated with a crunch candy shell. See the full ingredients list here!
You can store these brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Absolutely! First, you'll want to let your brownies cool completely. After that, if they've already been cut into individual brownies, then wrap each one in plastic wrap and place in the freezer to freeze solid. Then once they're frozen, place them in a freezer bag for up to two months. If they haven't been cut yet, then wrap the entire 9x9 block of brownies in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. You can also place it in a gallon-size freezer bag -- if you baked your brownies in a 9x9 pan, it should fit. Again, they should stay fresh in the freezer for up to two months. Let them thaw, still wrapped, at room temperature before serving.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Recipes for Your Easter Meal
- Pressure Cooker Ham Braised in Beer
- Smoked Mac and Cheese with Bacon
- Mini Eggs Cake
- Southern Baked Mac and Cheese
- Mini Carrot Cake
Equipment you may need
- 1 cup (227 g) salted butter - melted and slightly cooled
- 3 large eggs - room temperature
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (134 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (213 g) brown sugar - packed
- ¾ cup (65 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour - measured by weight with a kitchen scale or with the spoon-and-level method
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) espresso powder - optional; alternatively, you can add a tablespoon of strong coffee
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 cup (243 g) Cadbury Mini Eggs - crushed or chopped; plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x9" baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.1 cup salted butter, 3 large eggs, 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add in sugars and mix well.⅔ cup granulated sugar, 1 cup brown sugar
- Sift cocoa powder, flour, espresso powder, and salt into the bowl and fold with rubber spatula until just combined.¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon espresso powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Fold in chopped mini eggs.
- Add batter to pan and smooth to the edges. Top with more whole Mini Eggs.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is set. OR, if you like your brownies extra gooey, check them at 25 minutes and remove from the oven when the center is just barely set.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.