Easy Nutella baked oats - no banana is necessary for this delicious, healthy breakfast of Nutella baked oats! Tiktok made me try this recipe and I’m so glad I did! And if you love this easy baked oats recipe, try my Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls, my Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Zest, and my Banana Bread French Toast!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Nutella Baked Oats - Breakfast Treat!
When I saw baked oats on Tiktok and Instagram reels, I thought I was seeing recipes for baked oatmeal, a similar dish that keeps the original texture of the oats and bakes them into sort of a custard. But this was something even more exciting! The oats are essentially blended into oat flour, which quickly changes the texture of this breakfast recipe significantly, making it soft, fluffy, and delicious! I love that these baked oats are SO easy to make -- just a few ingredients and you've got a breakfast that tastes like cake!
You have got to try these Nutella baked oats - no banana necessary so it keeps a light, fluffy texture. And you can easily customize the ingredients to fit your dietary needs!
Are Nutella Baked Oats Healthy?
I'm no health professional, but I will say that these baked oats are made with whole grain oats and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup. You can also use gluten-free oats to make it gluten free (Nutella is gluten-free, according to the Ferrero Foodservice website).
Easy Nutella Baked Oats Ingredients
- old-fashioned rolled oats - you can also use quick oats, or gluten free oats to make this recipe gluten free!
- milk - you can use any milk you prefer -- I used almond milk to make the oats you see here because that's what I had on hand.
- Nutella - we'll be adding Nutella to our oats mixture and then a little more on top to create a lava effect when you dig in!
- egg - the egg helps to give our oats a richer texture and a higher lift!
- honey - you can also swap this for maple syrup, or any other sweetener you like.
- baking powder - we'll add a little baking powder to help achieve that fluffy rise.
- salt - of course, some salt helps to bring out the yummy cocoa and hazelnut flavors!
- chopped hazelnuts - this is optional, but we'll through hazelnuts on top for a little bit of crunch!
First, you'll definitely need a blender or food processor for this recipe -- it helps break down the oats into a fine oat flour. That's how we'll get the soft cake-like texture we want! Then, you'll want an oven-safe ramekin with an 8-ounce capacity. You can also use an oven-safe mug, but depending on the shape of the mug it may increase the baking time a bit.
How to make Nutella baked oats
- Start by preheating your oven (unless you're using the microwave option, below) and spray your ramekin with cooking spray.
- Blend your oats in a blender until they turn into a fine powder.
- Add your eggs, sugar, Nutella, milk, baking powder, honey, and salt and continue blending another 30 seconds until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour it all into your ramekin, add some more Nutella and your chopped hazelnuts, and bake!
Tips and F.A.Q.
Whether you bake them in the oven or use the microwave option below, you'll know your oats are done when they pull away from the sides of the ramekin.
You'll just have to make a few substitutions to make these baked oats vegan! First, Nutella itself contains milk, so you can use a vegan hazelnut spread instead. Then, just substitute plant milk, use maple syrup as your sweetener, and swap in a vegan egg!
These baked oats are approximate 417 calories per serving. You can adjust the calories by using a little less Nutella, or using unsweetened almond milk or skim dairy milk. Nutrition Disclaimer
If you like, you can make these baked oats in the microwave in just 2 minutes! Heat it on high for 1½ - 2½ minutes, checking after 2 minutes, and you're done!
These easy baked oats will keep for up to a week in the fridge, so feel free to make them ahead for breakfast meal prepping!
Yes they can! They're perfect for meal prep - just place them in the microwave and heat until hot. Be careful with the ramekin and be sure to use a protective glove!
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Small Batch Recipes You'll Love
- Apple Mug Cake
- Mini Chocolate Cake
- Mini Basque Cheesecake
- Mango Kale Smoothie with Collagen
- Mini Carrot Cake
- Butterscotch Milkshake
- cooking spray
- ½ cup (41 g) old-fashioned rolled oats - gluten free if necessary (quick oats are fine too)
- ¼ cup (61 g) milk - of your choice
- 4 teaspoon (20 ml) Nutella - plus more for topping
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) honey - or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) baking powder
- Pinch salt
- chopped hazelnuts - for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray ramekin with cooking spray.cooking spray
- Place oats in blender and blend for 30 seconds, or until oats reach a fine powder consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients (excluding hazelnuts) and blend another 30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour into prepared ramekin. Add another spoonful of Nutella on top and sprinkle on chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes and enjoy warm.
PIN this baked oats recipe for later!
Last Updated on May 28, 2022 by Chenée Lewis