How to make Strawberry Shortcake Crumble with Golden Oreos -- this easy, no bake strawberry crunch topping recipe only takes three ingredients! Trust me, this strawberry shortcake crumb topping will make all your favorite desserts better! Try it with my No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream, add it as a fun topping on Vanilla Cake with Strawberries, or mix it into my Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Strawberry Shortcake Crumb Topping
If you've had those strawberry shortcake ice cream bars, you might have some idea how yummy this strawberry crunch topping is! It's got a bright, bold strawberry flavor, along with rich buttery vanilla crumbs just perfect for pairing with other desserts. Or if you're like me, you'll be tempted to eat it with a spoon!
No-Bake Strawberry Crunch Topping
This easy strawberry shortcake crumb topping is a no-bake recipe, and only requires three ingredients! It couldn't be easier to make, and you'll be making it so often!
What are Strawberry Shortcake crumbs made of?
- freeze-dried strawberries - these are the secret ingredient! They add tons of strawberry flavor and color without adding too much moisture. That way our strawberry crunch topping is the perfect texture!
- Golden Oreos - I use a full 14-ounce package of Golden Oreos (or another similar vanilla sandwich cookie). It ends up being about 36 cookies.
- salted butter - we'll bring this mixture together with some melted butter. Using salted butter helps to bring out the flavors in our strawberry crunch topping, but if you only have unsalted just add a few pinches of salt to taste.
I use a food processor to make this no bake strawberry crunch topping, and it was so easy! Or if you don't have a food processor, you can still make this strawberry crunch topping super easy by crushing the strawberries and cookies with a gallon-size freezer bag and a rolling pin.
How do you make strawberry crumble with Golden Oreos?
It's so easy! Just toss your freeze-dried strawberries and cookies into your food processor and pulse once or twice. Add in your melted butter and pulse again until the mixture reaches the consistency you like! If you don't have a food processor, just place the strawberries and cookies in a gallon-size freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs. Then transfer them both to a bowl and stir in your melted butter. That's it!
Tips and F.A.Q.
You sure can! Since Golden Oreos are considered by many in the vegan community to be vegan, you can just swap out the butter in this recipe for vegan butter and you're good to go!
Shortcake refers to a cake or biscuit that is crumbly or crispy. The "short" part of the name refers to the crisp texture, which is usually achieved by adding butter or another type of fat. In this strawberry shortcake crumb topping, we're not using a traditional shortcake, but it's more inspired by the beloved Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake frozen treat!
Strawberry Shortcake pops are made from milk, their cake crunch, water, corn syrup, and sugar, among other ingredients. Click here for full nutrition information.
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Easy No-Bake Recipes You'll Love
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Banana Sorbet
- Cannoli Pie
- Rice Krispie Treats with Chocolate Chips
- Combine cookies and strawberries in a food processor and pulse until they form large crumbs.
- Add melted butter and pulse once or twice to combine, until desired crumb size is achieved.