You'll love these easy condensed milk brownies - eggless and so incredibly fudgy, they’re made with just a handful of ingredients. You can make classic Eagle Brand condensed milk brownies, or you can make vegan condensed milk brownies with coconut condensed milk! Either way you can’t go wrong! And if you’re a chocolate lover, you’ve got to try my Chocolate Olive Oil Cake with Crystallized Ginger, my Mini Chocolate Cake, and my Chocolate Orange Cake!
*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Easy Condensed Milk Brownies - Eggless Recipe
So if you're wondering "can I substitute sweetened condensed milk for eggs in brownies?" let me assure you that you can! If you love fudgy, chocolatey goodness without eggs, you've got to make this easy condensed milk brownie recipe! Eggless and made with gooey chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and rich cocoa powder, they are just what you need for your chocolate craving! I'm telling you, these are the fudgiest brownies I've ever made. I wouldn't even notice that they're made without eggs!
Can you use condensed milk in baking?
Absolutely! Sweetened condensed milk is essentially sweetened milk that has been cooked down to so that some of the liquid evaporates and it takes on a slight caramelized flavor. It adds a richness and sweetness that is so unique, and gives your baked goods a delicious texture! And as you'll see in these brownies, it's a great substitute for the richness added by eggs, and adds a deliciously fudgy texture.
What can I do with leftover condensed milk?
If you're wondering: what can I use sweetened condensed milk for? I've got so many ideas! I use condensed milk in my Lemon Dump Cake, as well as my Lemon Icebox Pie and Key Lime Pound Cake! It's also so useful in no-bake desserts like my Blackberry Cheesecake Ice Cream! But if you're in the mood for chocolate, you can't go wrong with this easy condensed milk brownie recipe!
- sweetened condensed milk - I use Eagle Brand condensed milk, but your favorite condensed milk brand should work! Or check below for the coconut milk option to make them vegan!
- melted butter - you'll want to use unsalted butter in these brownies. It should be melted and then cooled to room temperature.
- light brown sugar - I love using brown sugar in brownies -- it adds to that chewy, fudgy texture and adds so much flavor!
- vanilla extract - be sure to use a high-quality pure vanilla extract. Or better yet, check out my post on how to make vanilla extract at home with just 2 ingredients!
- unsweetened cocoa powder - my favorite cocoa powder is Ghirardelli, but any unsweetened cocoa powder should work!
- all-purpose flour - make sure you measure your flour with a kitchen scale, or by using the spoon-and-level method.
- baking powder - adding a little baking powder helps to lighten the texture of these brownies a bit, but they're still thick and fudgy!
- sea salt - to bring out the chocolate flavor and offset the sweetness a bit. You can also sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top of your completed brownies!
- semi-sweet chocolate chips - nothing better than gooey chocolate chips inside of freshly baked brownies!
The main tool you'll need for these brownies is a 9x9 baking pan to bake them up. Otherwise, you'll just need some basic mixing tools -- here are some I recommend:
Condensed Milk Brownies - No Butter
If you prefer, you can make these condensed milk brownies with no butter by just swapping the butter for melted coconut oil or any neutral vegetable oil.
Vegan Condensed Milk Brownies
You can also make these brownies vegan by making the following swaps:
- Swap out the melted butter for melted vegan butter like Earth Balance Organic.
- Make sure your brown sugar is vegan-friendly.
- Use sweetened condensed coconut milk instead of regular sweetened condensed milk!
- Use vegan chocolate chips.
Can you cook with condensed milk?
I don't know of many savory cooking recipes made with condensed milk, since it's so sweet -- I could picture it being used in a sweet-and-salty glazed meat, or in a sweet stir-fry sauce!
If you try this recipe, I would love it if you could leave a star review rating and comment below! It’s so wonderful hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to share your creations with me by tagging @chenee_today on Instagram!
More Brownie and Blondie Recipes You'll Love
- Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- S'mores Brownies
- Biscoff Blondies with White Chocolate
- Pumpkin Blondies with Apple Cider Glaze
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
Equipment you may need
- baking spray
- 14 oz (397 g) sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup (170 g) unsalted butter - melted
- ⅔ cup (147 g) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (65 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon (3 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) sea salt
- ⅔ cup (120 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x9 baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal.baking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth.14 oz sweetened condensed milk, ¾ cup unsalted butter, ⅔ cup light brown sugar, 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a rubber spatula until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup all-purpose flour, ¾ teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt, ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Spread into prepared pan and smooth top to even. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes, then enjoy warm or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.