*This post contains affiliate links — as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure for details*.
Last Updated on November 25, 2020 by Chenée Lewis
If you like crispy cookies (who doesn’t?) you will LOVE these praline pecan cranberry oatmeal cookies! The crispy, crunchy edges full of buttery, caramelized flavor is fantastic. Also the warm cinnamony oatmeal texture pairs so well with the tart cranberries. This recipe for oatmeal cranberry pecan cookies will knock your socks off!
Why They’re the Best
The short answer: candied pecans.
First of all, as I’m sure you’ll learn on this blog, pecans are my favorite type of nut to use in baking. Anytime a recipe calls for nuts I lean toward pecans. They’re just so rich and buttery and perfect. In fact, I love them so much that I often buy bags of glazed pecans (a.k.a. candied pecans, praline pecans, or butter toffee pecans) just to snack on. This recipe is an inspired by this one from Delish, which is for simple, crispy oatmeal cookies. So for this oatmeal cranberry cookie recipe, I knew I had to include my favorite: pecans! And since the only nuts in my apartment were these glazed pecans, I threw some in.
The result was a batch of the most delicious crispy pecan oatmeal cookies I had ever had! The salty candy around the pecans spread along with the cookie dough and caramelized even further in the oven, and lent an amazing depth of flavor. Also, the tartness of the cranberries and the crispness of the cookie edges made these cookies irresistible!
To make these delicious pecan cranberry oatmeal cookies, you’ll need just a few ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen!
- softened butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- rolled oats
- baking powder
- dried cranberries
- glazed pecans
You won’t need any special tools for these cookies! I would mainly recommend a good, 3/4 sheet baking pan and a silicone baking mat. Beyond that, a hand mixer or stand mixer to beat your butter and sugar, and a cooling rack!
These oatmeal cranberry pecan cookies are incredibly easy. And because it’s a thin and chewy/crispy cookie, we don’t need to chill the dough either!
- Beat your butter and sugars together until they’re nice and fluffy.
- Mix in your eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in your dry ingredients — flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold in those yummy cranberries and pecans!
- Scoop out your cookies and bake!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Are you like me and love a crispy cookie? Or do you prefer soft cookies instead of crispy, chewy ones? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Equipment you may need
- 1 cup salted butter - room temperature
- 1½ cup light brown sugar - packed
- 2 large eggs - room temperature
- 1 ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour - (171g)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup candied pecans - roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Beat with hand mixer or paddle attachment of stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla and mix just until evenly combined.
- Add flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir until just combined.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place on baking sheets, about 2” apart. Keep in mind the cookies will spread as they bake.
- Bake until set and outer edges are a deep golden brown, about 12-14 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Don’t lose this recipe! Pin it for later:
Thanks for checking out this recipe! If you want more like it, SUBSCRIBE BELOW for all my latest updates! PLUS, when you subscribe you’ll get your FREE PRINTABLE Kitchen and Baking Cheat Sheet!